Chapter 7 - With Heart

[Art Studio, 7:15 P.M. Thursday]

*Takumi now stands face to face with the three members of Michi's art studio.*

Takumi: She said she isn't going, so back up!

Gale: Really Michi, you really want to stay here with this loser?

Takumi: Who are you calling a loser?! Who even are you in the first place?

Gale: Gale Silva, maybe you've heard of me? I'm sort of a big deal in this school, in fact, I'm sort of a big deal on this island.

Takumi: *Thinking to himself* Gale Silva! The winner of last year's Vermillia Art Competition, and San Melodia's representative at the National Academic Art Awards?!

Takumi: I don't give a damn who you are, you don't get to decide what Michi does or wants!

Michi: Takumi please!

Takumi: Huh?

Michi: *Grabs Takumi's arm and gently moves him to the side* It's not about abandoning you guys, it's more about me and doing what's right for my success.

Gale: You really think working with this person is gonna benefit you whatsoever?

Michi: It already has. You'll see. Just wait for the upcoming annual San Melodia Art Exhibition! I hope you come prepared.

Gale: Yeah, okay whatever you say. I doubt you'll even make it in, let alone this loser. C'mon, I've had enough of this.

Emilia: *Letting out a sigh* Told you talking to her was pointless.

Monta: *Looking at Takumi* What a waste.

*The three leave.*

Michi: *Relieved sigh* Thanks Takumi.

Takumi: No problem, sorry your studio is a bunch of assholes.

Michi: No, I'm the one who should be apologizing, they came looking for me and you got involved. It's my fault you got insulted.

Takumi: Don't worry, I'm used to it.

Michi: Well you shouldn't be... after all I think you're better than all of them.

Takumi: *Flustered* Oh uh... Thanks, and what did you mean by the Art Exhibition? I haven't competed professionally in a while!

Michi: Sorry! looks like I didn't leave you with a choice. we should both contact the school's Art Board and have them handle this for us.

Takumi: You really think our paintings are good enough for it? I haven't made it onto the competitive scene since high school.

Michi: I know they're good enough for it. *Takes her phone out and makes a phone call* Hi, this is Michi Nagisa... yes I have a request.

[GCU Library, 2:32 P.M., Saturday]

*Somewhere tucked away in a corner at the GCU library, Takumi and Michi meet up to work on a Humanities assignment. Takumi opens up a Tiers tab on his laptop while drinking from a soda can and is instantly bombarded by notifications and comments on his and Michi's latest artwork.*

Takumi: *Spits out drink* HOLY SHI-

Michi and a Library Attendant: SSSHHHHHHH!

Takumi: *Quickly covering his mouth* Sorry!

Michi: What?

Takumi: Tiers! Look! We're rising like crazy!

Michi: Oh, I told you I don't care about that stuff.