Chapter Four

"Have you been to the Palace of Culture?"

Leon quirked a brow at Sasha as his friend quietly munched on his munecini. He shook his head, replying, "I haven't, and I'm sure my little sister Zemira would like to see the palace herself."

"You have a little sister?" Sasha eyed Leon. In a strange sense, it was like the other was daring Leon to bluff at him. The agent sighed. "Okay, maybe not my biological sister but..."

Sasha nodded and waved a hand; he understood. He swallowed his food and told Leon, "You found someone, adopted her as a little sister. It's not an unusual story, comrade."

Leon smiled and nodded. He added quietly, "She's also FBI, and we both have a similar case."

Sasha cleaned his lips. He asked, "Is she also looking for this Chris Redfield?"

Leon nodded, and Sasha hummed. He noted, "This is a complicated situation then. Perhaps when your, uh, sister, wakes we should discuss a plan. I heard of a village just along the main Wallachian highway that's up to some suspicious activity. It's around the Peles Castle, Bucharest area. I can take you and your friend there. I would go with you if I were more capable."

Leon smiled. He told Sasha, "Your help is more than enough. I owe you more than thanks in return."

"Did you know, when you say someone's name, it gives more of a tendency for them to appear?"

The slightly sleepy attitude-filled words came from who else but Zemira herself. "True fact. I heard my name at least once."

She had opted for a pair of jeans, a flowy-sort of peasant blouse, and boots for today, unlike her plane attire of sweatpants and tennis shoes. Sitting down, she gave a sweet little smile. "Hello! As Leon, my apparent big brother said, I'm Zemira, a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mister....?"

"Alexander," Sasha greeted. He struggled to get up, prompting Leon to help him to his feet. He shook Zemira's hand, and once more, sat back down. "But I go by Sasha or Buddy, whichever is less formal."

Leon turned to Zemira. "Sasha was one of the freedom fighters back in the Eastern Slav Republic," he explained. "That was also back when the Oligarchy took power of the government and invaded civilian territory for economic resources."

"It was difficult," Sasha added, "But it was thanks to Leon who helped put the Oligarchy back in their place and give the people the government they deserved from the Soviet power."

She nodded slowly. "I vaguely recall this, Mostly because I was a child then." Zemira noted. "Also, most call me either Zemi or Mira, whichever works best for you!"

After she spoke that, she looked at Leon. "Not you though, you can continue to call me Zemira. Mostly because Hunnigan told me to tell you to."

"I don't call you Zemi or Mira!" Leon looked at the other, clearly, but comically, insulted. Sasha snickered and asked Zemira, "How did you come across my friend here?" He pointed to Leon, adding, "Does he owe you a drink as well?"

"You don't, and you won't get to." She teased Leon in response before answering Sasha. "Depends on how the next few days go. We met by coincidence; Our seats were side by side on the plane. And I'm not one for long flights."

Sasha chuckled. "I live on the other side of the Romanian border; it's just a drive for me."

Leon chuckled. He told Sasha, "She needed rescuing."

"I doubt that," Sasha teased Leon. He asked, "This Hunnigan. She the lady you both answer to?"

"According to her, I'm the only one of the two of us who actually listens." Zemira flashed a grin at Leon. "She spoke about you a lot, Leon."