Falling Out Of Love

Renesmee was sitting in her bed with her father and mate next to her. She looked curiously up at her dad. "Dad, are you happy?" Edward looked at his daughter in shock. She was just a kid. She shouldn't have seen any of the things she does when he and Bella fight, and here she was asking if he was the one who was happy. "What do you mean, hunny?" he managed to ask.

"Are you happy being married to Bella?" She asked softly, in the way all children do with things they don't fully understand, and all he did was shake his head "No I'm not hunny but," he scooped her up so she sat on his lap and he hugged her tightly. "None of it is your fault. Okay, just sometimes people fall out of love."

Jacob patted Edwards back comforting, Renesme turned to Jacobe, "Are you going to fall out of love with me, Jake?" Jacob was shocked, and he moved closer to the father and daughter. "Never, I will always love you, I promise." She giggled and flung her arms around both of them, giving them a massive hug, and Edward thought to himself. 'Did I fall out of love, or was I never really in love?'

Once both Renesmee and Jacob were asleep, Edward decided to talk to his father. He knocked gently on the office door and walked in once he heard, "Come in, Edward." He sat across from his father figure and waited for Carlisle to look up from his paperwork.

"I'm not going to change my mind," Before Carlisle could even say anything, Edward responded surprise in his eyes. "You think it's a good idea?" Carlisle gave his oldest son a small smile and spoke softly "Edward you and Bella haven't been the same since she was turned. I see no love between you. But when you looked at Red, I saw the love that's been missing in your eyes." Neither of them said anything for a moment when Carlisle didn't say anything but said to him in his thoughts. 'Get the divorce, Edward'.