Good Morning

Warning: this chapter includes some adult content. If you are not comfortable with this topic, please skip the first paragraph. It is not necessary to the story.

Allison rolled over in bed to find that her partner had already departed. The sun streamed through the window, making her realize how late in the morning it was. Last night had been exhausting. She sat up, holding the blanket tight to her breasts as she stood and walked to her large closet.

(End of danger zone.😁)

Allison walked to the bathroom wearing a billowy nightgown. She stood in front of the huge mirror and brushed her long golden hair and spritzed it with an elixir that made it shine. She pulled it back into a complex bun.

Grabbing a pile of vials and bottles, she did her make up then returned to the closet. She exited wearing a long dress with a white patterned top  and a skirt that faded from black to royal blue.

She walked across her carpet to a floor-length mirror and examined her appearance

A face appeared in the top right corner. "You look gorgeous, as always." The teenage girl with pale skin, big indigo eyes, and short brown hair had a high tenor voice.

"Thank you, Lucinda." Allison tucked a stray hair into her bun.

"So," The spectral mirror started expectantly. "How was your night?"

Allison gave a sly grin. "Wouldn't you like to know." She walked away, switching off the mirror.
————
Allison leaned heavily over the toilet and heaved violently for the fifth time. She flushed the vomit down the drain and moved to the sink, glad the mirror in her bathroom wasn't spectral. She had dark rings under her eyes from the solid week she'd had of fitful sleep.
————
Allison held up the small device, squinting at the screen through bleary eyes. She groaned as she stood and leaned against the counter.
Her head spun, stirring up nausea, and she clutched the vanity to keep herself steady.
When the bile settled, her vision cleared enough to read the screen. Positive.
She slumped against the vanity and slid to the floor. This is what she got for being irresponsible.

She heaved herself to her feet. She had to tell him. She walked out of the bathroom, passing the spectral mirror that now hung backwards on the wall, and dug a pathfinder out of her nightstand.

She spun the crystal and locked it onto the right facet. Holding it to the light she glittered away.
————
Allison walked through the lush city of Eternalia, clutching her stomach where a new life had been sparked. She strutted purposefully to his door and knocked.

A blonde haired elf with sky blue eyes and slender features answered the door. His ears were slightly pointed.

He had to do a double take before his eyes finally met hers. "Allison? What are you doing here?"

She wrung her fingers. "Something has happened."

He quickly scanned the area and pulled her inside. "What is it? Did someone find us out?"

"No." She pulled out of his grip. "But if we're not careful they will."

"Why?" He grabbed her shoulders. "Allison, why?" He shook her.

She placed a hand on her stomach and met his gaze.

He pushed her away. "Are you sure?"

Allison thought back to all the sleepless nights and morning sickness. "Yes, I'm sure." She sighed. "Fintan, you're going to have a child."