Ch. 2

I'm sorry. I've given up crying.

Seoyoung's life was in danger and, to be honest, my throat got sore, so I couldn't cry anymore.

After crying for 10 long days, I realized something.

The gloomy reality is that no matter how much I cry, the situation I'm in won't change.

Being in the world of martial arts, being the daughter of Cheonma, an esteemed public figure, and being killed by the male lead. Nothing has changed.

'I thought it was fate.......'

I thought I was finally compensated for my past lifetime of poverty and hardships.

So, even though I didn't see my parents' faces until I was 100 days old, I didn't care.

I grew up as an orphan in my previous life, so I had no expectations of my new parents.

Furthermore, since I was blessed with someone like older sister Seoyoung next to me, I wasn't lacking affection.

'It was good back then.......'

With the knowledge that I'm inside the den of the villain of the world of martial arts, my room, which used to be the most comfortable in the world, now made me uneasy.

The protagonist of this novel is Yeon.

He was kidnapped by Cheonma at the age of three, raised to be a (sociopath) strong and powerful leader, before escaping at the age of 23.

Through various achievements, he will then become a typical martial arts hero who plays a role in the series five years later when he becomes a great high-ranking official.

The reason Yeon was able to beat the villain, Cheonma, was because he got help from the Murim-in.

The Murim-in has long been unable to bury the world of martial arts and Cheonma away from the public.

TN: So, at this point, I think it would be good to tell you, the readers, a bit of background information about "murim", or "moorim", as it's pretty important in order to understand the story and not everyone may know about it. You can google it yourself if you want to learn more, but I will try to explain as best I can here.

From what I've gathered, Murim is a sort of trope some Korean manhwas and novels use. It's a world "hidden" away from the general public, co-existing within the real world, sort of like in Harry Potter, but in this case it's more specifically a sort of underground world of martial arts, set in some unspecified Chinese historical setting. The people within this world can be inhumanly strong and are also divided into two different factions, where it's good vs. evil.

Murim-in refers to people who are part of this underground world.

Now, I'm no expert in these types of stories so I apologise in advance if I get something wrong or confused. I'll try my best not to. Sorry for this awfully long TN but I feel it was important to bring up. Anyway, back to the story.

Yeon seized the opportunity and removed the evil Cheonma from the public eye.

It was at that time that I, Chun Lihua, was killed by him.

23 years old, the age were one fully blooms.

That said, I can't just hate Yeon.

For him, he just took out his revenge on Cheonma, his parent's murderer.

And of course, if Chun Lihua had been nice, she would not have died so brutally.

She regarded human life the same as that of a fly, and didn't treat those of lower position or rank like people.