CHAPTER TWO: TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

"River, would you stay still so we can get this over with?" Steve groaned, as the siblings parents walked by, rushing as they muttered goodbyes to their kids.

"No- this outfit is-hard-" She murmured, fixing her shirt. She decided to go as Wendy Torrance for halloween, a crappy Wendy Torrance, but at least it was something.

"How can a piece of clothing be hard?" Steve mocked, holding up the camera again and taking random pictures causing River to glare at him.

"You know, your hair looks flat." She muttered, grabbing her backpack as Steve glanced back at the mirror, with a stern look across his face.

"Ha! Okay, not funny River," He shook his head, running a hand through his hair before furrowing his eyebrows, well, maybe it did look slightly flat. "..Not funny, River." He uttered again, before he set the camera down to mess with his hair.

As that happened, River rushed out of the house, to grab her bike and walk besides it before jumping on, and peddling quickly towards school.

She made it over to school soon and waited for the boys for a few seconds, soon she saw them pulling up with their costumes, singing the Ghostbusters theme.

She only gave a simple thumbs up, causing Dustin to give her a bright smile, as she gestured to her outfit.

"I totally half assed this." She muttered, spinning around to show mainly just Will, earning a quick laugh from him with a nod.

"It still looks cool." He assured, causing her to send him a sweet smile with a nod.

"Why, thank you." River turned to see Mike and Lucas giving each other double takes, with their brows furrowed.

"Woah, Woah. Why are You Venkman?" Mike questioned, causing Lucas to give a shrug.

"Because I'm Venkman."

"No, I'm Venkman."

"We planned this months ago! I'm Venkman, Dustins Stantz, you're Egon , and you're Winston." Mike explained, as Lucas shook his head quickly in response.

"I specifically didn't agree to Winston."

"Yes you Did!"

"I don't think he did."

"Wha-that's yes he did!"

"River- I didn't, right? She specifically told me i'd be good for Venkman." Lucas noted, pointing at the girl who nodded in response.

"Yeah, Mike. You're definitely the last person who could be a Venkman." She shrugged, unwrapping the piece of small candy she had in her hand, that Mike had randomly slapped out of her hand softly.

"I have another one." She shrugged, nonchalantly, pulling out another one when Mike took it, giving her a look of disbelief as Will and Lucas watched.

"Mike, give me my-" Before the young girl could finish her sentence, he threw it out of anyone's sight, with a small groan.

River only glanced at the two boys that watched, before slapping him, effortlessly. Of course she didn't slap him as hard as she could've, but he still groaned, and the other two boys held in laughs.

"Y-you can't slap me!" Mike shouted out, stepping up as the shorter girl had looked at him with a sarcastic look of confusion.