Out of Sight

Class 1-A trudge into their classroom, near exhausted from both mental and physical exertion.

Just what was their homeroom teacher thinking by putting them through all those tests? On the first day no less!

And that comment about last place had to be a bluff, right? He wouldn't actually go through with such a dirty blow before they could learn anything, surely?

But, oh, he did in fact hold his promise and expelled the loser on the spot, some plain-looking kid with brown hair who showed no outright sign of quirk usage.

It was crushing to watch, but a sigh of relief passed through the class all the same.

They didn't get expelled, they were safe, for now.

So, onwards they pushed on. Back into the classroom exhausted but eager to officially start their journeys on becoming heroes.

Except.

"Dude, where's my pencil?" Kaminari questioned loudly, riffling through his things.

They were already in disarray, a commendable feat considering they didn't even start yet.

"I can't find it!" Eighteen different sets of eyes glance at him over his yells.

Jirou sniffed. "It's probably for the best. That thing was so worn down it was hardly bigger than your finger."

The blond whined. "But I liked that pencil! I always received good grades with that pencil!"

"If it's the only one you ever used, then of course you would! It's not magically better just because you exclusively wrote with it."

"Oh no," he gasped dramatically, ignoring her. "What if the next teacher kicks me out because I can't take notes? What the hell am I going to say to my parents if I got expelled over not having a pencil!"

"Just use another one, god fucking damn it!" Bakugou exploded already fed up with this entire year. "Can you stop whining over a stupid pencil and sit the fuck down? You're driving on my nerves!"

"I don't have another pencil!" Kaminari wailed to the angry teens great displeasure. "Oh no no no, is this it? Is this where my career ends? Am I going to have to pack my things and move to the st—" He broke off, blinking at the writing utensil held out in front of his face.

"Here," Yaoyorozu's sigh dripped in exasperation as she held out a simple yellow pencil, she had Created just a second prior to the distressed teen. "Just take this one."

Eyes lighting up in joy, Kaminari jumped graciously. "Oh my god, you're a life savior—er,"

"Yaoyorozu."

"Yaoyorozu! Thank you!"

She waved him off. The classroom voices were fading now. Still a mumble of a "don't worry about it" drifted before falling silent altogether.

"Can you believe that 1-A? They didn't come to the opening ceremony; who do they think they are?" A boy with well-sleeked blond hair ranted to the unfortunate girl who was seriously rethinking her choice in sitting next to him.

He took an ungracefully large bite of his onigiri, stray bits of rice falling to the floor. He did not wait until he finished chewing before steaming rolling onwards. "I bet they think they're better than everyone! That since they got into 1-A, they don't think we're worthy of their presence! Ha! Well, just they wait. 1-B will crush them and show they're not anything special."