one for sweets

In the vents above a certain room, a young borrower was trying to take a quick nap.

A small leather bag functioned as the pillow beneath Izuku's head, who was content after eating a particularly big meal.

Someone had thrown out a taiyaki— a whole taiyaki! —in the garbage. Izuku, who witnessed this tragedy, was quick to dive into the trashcan and pull it out before anyone was the wiser.

Warmth flooded his mouth as he eagerly bit down, almost moaning at the sweet, delicious taste. His cheeks were stuffed to the brim of the baked treat.

Why would someone be so wasteful? There was obviously nothing wrong with it!

He took another bite.

Maybe they weren't hungry anymore and decided to get rid of it? Izuku still couldn't understand why they didn't save it for later.

Oh well—who was he to complain? He should be thanking them, actually!

With intense gratitude on his mind, he closed his eyes and sent out a silent thanks to whoever was foolish enough to waste this food. Then he swallowed and took another enormous bite.

The taiyaki was bigger than himself, and he wasn't able to finish it in the end. Instead the boy carefully wrapped it up, and started the journey to drop it off in one of his many rooms within UA.

Unfortunately for him, the nearest one was still pretty far away, and during his trek drowsiness started to overtake him.

Izuku rolled onto his back and stretched his legs in a daze, a dopey smile on his freckled face.

He barely registered the door to the room below him sliding open, his sleepy mind refusing to get up. A few minutes later when it happened a second time, followed by a strangled noise in the back of someone's throat, Izuku begrudgingly began to wake up.

Right in time to hear: "What on Earth happened to your hair? "

Well that got his attention.

He rolled onto his stomach and crawled towards the vent grate to peer down into the room.

Two men were in the small room usually meant for one-on-one meetings. One of the men was someone Izuku had never seen before. He was tall and lanky, to the point that his proportions reminded the young borrower of a silly cartoon character. His hair was a darker shade of green than his own, with three blond stripes. On his face sat a pair of rectangle glasses that made him look rather intimidating.

The man looked like someone who had stepped straight out of an accounting office, and therefore on principle, Izuku immediately didn't like him.

His eyes wandered over to the second man who was in the room.

It was the new teacher, Yagi. Except...

Yagi rubbed the back of his neck. Izuku couldn't see his expression from this angle, but he could imagine a look of sheepishness creeping along his face. "There was a mix-up with my shampoo bottles at home. I'm hoping to get it fixed tomorrow."

Izuku wanted to giggle. Oh , he wanted to giggle so badly at the sight below him. He bit down hard on his fist.

Yagi's hair was a brilliant shade of hot pink.

Someone must have pranked the old teacher. Maybe one of his children?

Yagi lowered his hand and sat on the couch across from glasses-man, sinking deep into the comfortable cushions with a soft sigh.