Sacrifice

So this was requested by @TheScarlerReader and the request was to write a one-shot about Peter sacrificing himself/saving the Avengers. I did this at 1 am, so I apologise in advance for the millions of spelling and grammar mistakes that are going to trigger hundreds of readers in the years to come. You're welcome. :) Also, just to let you know, I did copy a small scene from 'Merlin' for a part of this story and I also replicated a part of 'Spies in Disguise.' I also made a Disney reference from the movie 'Mulan.' I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS ONE-SHOT OR PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING BECAUSE I AM BROKE AS HELL BUT THAT IS A STORY FOR ANOTHER DAY. Thought I should let you all know before I have a bunch of people screaming at me for plagiarism. :))) Also, IW, Endgame and Civil War never happened. bEcaUsE i sAiD sO. This is a lot longer than I expected it to be as well. Like, almost 4000 words. I don't know if that's a lot, but I assume it is because it is way more than what I usually write.

Peter Parker was not your ordinary 16-year-old to say the very least. Because what 16-year-old boy could say that he was Spider-man? And being hunted down by the Avengers at that.

Yes, you read correctly. The Avengers were hunting Peter down.

'Why?' you may ask. Well, the answer is very simple.

I have no clue.

Maybe it was to quench their curiosity of who was behind the mask. Or maybe they saw him as a threat. Whatever the reason, this was how Peter Parker, your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-man, found himself hiding in a dumpster- yes, a dumpster- to avoid the Avengers watchful eyes.

Come on, keep it moving. Just walk straight past the lovely, stinky bin and let me go home, Peter thought to himself, slightly shuffling under the mass wad of garbage. It's Friday! Can't they just let me go back to my apartment and watch a movie in peace?! Apparently not.

The first time Peter had met the Avengers, he was excited beyond belief. I mean, come on, it's the bloody Avengers, for Pete's sake! The excitement, however, had soon faded into shock when Ironman tried to blast him to smithereens.

Sounds fun, I know.

Pulling his attention away from the putrid smell of garbage and his own thoughts, Peter focused on the Black Widow's footsteps becoming louder, which probably meant she was getting closer.

"Listen up, Spider-man." Peter's breath hitched in his throat. "Come out of whatever hiding space you've snuck into and take a moment to listen to me. I just wanna talk," Romanoff's voice pierced through the silence in a sharp and threatening manner. 

'Just wanna talk.' Peter scoffed inwardly. If 'I just wanna talk,' meant 'I just wanna find out your identity and then pump you full of lead,' - which it definitely did mean, by the way- then Peter was perfectly fine with sitting in the trash bin for the rest of the night, he had been told that the live-action of Avatar: The Last Airbender was horrible anyway.

There was another thump and Peter heard Natasha sigh. "I just wanna talk!" The new person mimicked Natasha's voice and snorted. "Even Spidey didn't believe that." Peter recognised the newcomer as Hawkeye.

"Whatever, just help me find him. I know he snuck down here. I saw his ridiculous costume from Australia."

Peter's frown deepened. 'Not cool, Romanoff.'

"OMG, you've been to Australia?! Do they ride Kangaroos there and- oh wait. You were being sarcastic." Peter could already imagine her rolling her eyes at her partner's stupidity.

"Just have a look around."

"Nat, you've been searching the city for hours, just call it a night. Spidey doesn't want to be found and therefore, you're not gonna find him." However, Natasha wouldn't be swayed so easily.