𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 - 4

Weeks went by and the two decided to keep their distance from each other. Michael to preserve his embarrassment from trying to make a move on a taken woman, and Whitney was just constantly busy with other projects she was working on. Although, they made sure to contact each other almost everyday, spending hours on the phone even if they weren't saying anything.

Michael sighed as he listened to Whitney speaking on the other line, his heart jumped out of his chest every time she giggled or even spoke, really. It wasn't rare Michael would fall for a woman incredibly fast but, something about Whit made him tick.

"Michael did you hear me? Hello, are you still there?"

He quickly snapped out of his daze, "Yeah, sorry... I wanna see you, Whit." He spoke quietly, his voice barely above a whisper.

Whitney bit her lip timidly, "Michael I don't know... You know what happened last time we were together and besides I'm busy right now. I'll be done soon but I have work."

He sighed trying to convince her, "I'm sorry for that I really am, I was completely out of line. But Whit, we used to have fun together... I just miss you that's all."

"Alright," she obliged, "I'll come next week Friday, is that alright for you?"

Michael cheesed, "Yes that's fine, all I want is a few hours with you..."

"Alright well, I'll see you then?"

"I'll see you, bye."

"Bye."

"Who are you going to see," Bobby voiced, making Whitney slightly jump since she didn't realize he was home.

"No one, just a friend... you scared me," Whitney sighed as she put the phone on the receiver.

"What friend?" Bobby's eye brows raised suspiciously.

"Does it matter?" she sighed.

Bobby shifted on his feet, a sign of his rising agitation, "You making time for your 'friends' while I barely see you."

Whitney scoffed, "You're barely home and you live here."

"I don't wanna hear it Whitney. You put your job over me."

Whitney jumped up from her seat on the couch in disbelief, "My career is important to me."

"More important than this relationship?"

"That's not what I mean and, I'm sorry it came off that way. Of course my job isn't as important, I'm just really busy."

"So... then take off and spend time with me girl," Bobby grabbed Whitney by her waist lowered his lips to her neck and kissed softly, "I miss you, girl."

"But I have some important things—"

"I'm asking for your time, let me have it," he asserted as held her waist tighter and pulled her body closer to his.

"O-okay," she agreed reluctantly.

Michael ran down the stairs to the sound of his door bell ringing. Today was the day Whitney promised him she'd come over. Before setting out into the living room he looked into the nearby mirror he ran a over his hair that was lazily thrown into a low ponytail. He walked into his living room to see his housekeeper letting Whitney in. Whitney smiled at the elderly woman and thanked her.

"Whit," Michael smiled as he pulled her in for a hug.

"Hey Mike," she smiled as she hugged him back, she closed her eyes and sighed as she allowed herself to be embraced.