CHAPTER FOUR: WILL THE WISE

"The field!" Lucas ran in from outside, grabbing Mrs. Byers and the kids attention. He abruptly ran back out as they followed right behind.

River and Mike stood beside Will, completely shocked at the sight of him and how he looked, while River kept her hand on his shoulder and shook it every now and then, as did Mike.

"We just found him like this!" Mike yelled out, glancing back at Will as he shook him once more, "Will!"

"I think it's another episode." River called out, as they ran up to the two, and Joyce rushed over to Will, shaking him.

"Will! Will, Will? Sweetie, wake up, it's mom!"

No response from him, he stayed in the stiff position he was in with his eyes closed as River glanced around nervously, stepping back.

"Will, wake up. Can you hear me?" Mrs. Byers urged as everyone watched in confusion, "Will, Please. Wake up." She begged once again as her voice cracked, and Mike shot his friends an uneasy look.

"It's mom! It's me!" Joyce shook him again, frantically searching his eyes in hope for him to just wake up.

And then he did, his eyes opened abruptly, and everyone's eyes had widened in shock.

This whole time River had felt it harder to take simple breaths, and as he woke up, she gasped, breathing once again in relief. Before glancing at her friends.

Joyce had obviously ended up taking him home, and she quickly walked out of school, her hand placed on his back while the kids followed shortly behind, watching.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out, did that not freak you guys out?" Max breathed out, as she stood by River who nodded slowly, keeping her attention on Will and Mrs. Byers.

"Two episodes, in two days." Lucas informed, as Mike nodded, gripping his walkie talkie tighter, before speaking up.

"It's getting worse."

"You think it's true sight?" Lucas questioned, as Mike glanced towards him.

"What's true sight?" Max asked, as Mike gave Lucas a very obvious look, shaking his head.

"It's nothing." Lucas sighed.

River kept quiet, as she watched the Byers car drive off, and she pulled some strings from her sweater out of nerves.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

The next morning consisted of the four kids, being Max, Lucas, Mike, and River, digging through the trash to look for Dart.

"Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike yelled out towards Lucas who shot him a glare, as Dustin ran up.

"This is so disgusting, is this really necessary?" Max held her stick up with a cringe as she watched Lucas jump into the dumpster.

"What the hells going on?" Dustin threw his arms up slightly by his side as River shifted from her stance, next to Max.

"What do you think, Dustin?" She sighed, speaking in a soft tone as Mike glanced at her.

"We're looking for Dart." He informed, as if it was obvious.

Though nothing else was said on that note, because of the trash that was thrown out of the bin, making the four kids groan in disgust, stepping backwards quickly.