Chapter 2: The Heist

From under one of a kind spacecraft, a pod detached and entered the atmosphere of Destum, the fourth planet in the Iridian Solar System. It made its way smoothly through the dense atmosphere and thrusted powerfully above a hill. Then it slowly parked itself before a hotel.

The Gree Hotel of Fosin was famous for its exquisite shows and entertainment facility, and a great many rich people, during their lavish holidays in Darbum, chose it for their stay.

Dancers from across the galaxies showed acrobatic tricks, cultural presentations of their native land and also special presentations that well known companies sponsored. The shows were aired everyday in Fosin at close to supper time.

Erkum Gutsu, a wealthy businessman and owner of a mining company of the Sart solar system was spending his vacation in The Gree Hotel. He was a native of the system and their kind was revered across the Galactic Union for their hardwork and service. A lot of improvements had been made in the production of various commodities thanks to them.

Erkum had earned a lot in the years since he started working and owned a teleportation device. Only the wealthy like him could afford to buy such an expensive device. The Galactic Patrol had to be consulted first for purchasing it, and it also required special training to handle. The only other method for instantaneous travel were wormholes, totally out of league to afford by any individual. They were only used for public causes and were funded by large companies (larger than his) and the governments of nations.

After working in a company that operated from space for most of his life and constantly eyeing the workers to ensure the job was done perfectly, space had lost much of its essence to him. And the journeys were often long. So why travel when one of his status could jump instantaneously to places? He had thus bought himself the device. No more long travels for him.

In the hall, before the stage were crowded a bunch of women, chattering amongst themselves and laughing maniacally. He scoffed and looked away, creating as much distance between him and them that he felt healthy.

Though being a bachelor, he was a misogynist. From the many times he had been rejected by women, he had grown a strong dislike towards the gender altogether. Except his relatives, he disliked even associating himself with any woman. The reason his company was solely operated by males. But being a company that was totally focussed on mining and export- it was better off that way. After all males were stronger than females, he'd say.

However, he didn't mind watching entertainment shows with any female performers. Nobody could argue, that they were much more agile and able to perform difficult moves with their lightweight slender bodies.

After having his dinner which consisted of different types of fishes brought by the human kind- an obvious nod to his reptilian appearance- he supported his swollen green self on one of the five hundred leather seats and waited for the show to start.

And just before the curtains drew aside, a shadowy figure made way towards the elevator, clicked in Erkum's floor number and ascended, his dark robe concealing his identity.