He likes cars

Writers note this is the toy car James has ⬆️.

I am lying in bed looking at the toy car I'm spinning the slowly in my hands, listening to music. I see the door open and see Paige walk in with a glass of water "I wanted to if you needed anythin". I walk up to her "thank you, for all of this I know all of this must've cost a lot, I don't know how much" I walk over to the corner of my room and move a box and open air a little evident "isn't that meant to be kept under the floorboards" "i've tried It just left a hole in the floor"

Flashback

I open floor board and see right to the second floor.

Out of flashback

Paige look down and see a broken floor board,

I pull out a stack of money, I walk over to her and hand her the money "here, I don't know exactly how much, if you need more" "no, I can't take it" I look into Paige eyes "Please"
Paige was about to walk out of my room "um this might sound weird but can you tuck me in ?" "Sure" I lie down in my bed and she comes over and tuck me in and kisses my forehead she smiles "good night" She walks away and turns off the I close my eyes and I fall asleep.

Paige Pov
I opens the door and see Stanley hands are yellow envelope with money in it,  Stanley knows James  densest birthday's coming up he look at  me "He like cars". 

The end

Writers note the reason why Stanley is giving Paige Money is Help pay for all the adopting stuff and all that, and he  wants to help.