I21I - Pink Sparkly Sneakers

~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~

"Wait, you're going where?" Freddie questions as I grab his large suitcase he had lent to me without knowing a proper reason before and plop it onto his sofa before turning to him with a big grin.

"I just told you. Brian's going to pick me up so I can go pack some of my crap from Cory's house." I announce as I proudly rest my hands on my hips.

"Is he at least going in with you?!"

The thought of what I told Brian earlier bottles up in my chest as something actually frightening, but it's what I know is probably better. "He asked if I would need help but I... uh- protested him against it."

His mouth drops before saying, "You're going insane."

I roll my eyes and start walking off to his kitchen to grab a bottle of water as he follows behind me, "I'll be fine! If I fought him off once I'm sure I could do it again. He probably won't even be conscious to see or hear me packing anyways."

Freddie's eyes shimmer worryingly, and I know why, and that's the reason keeping from getting annoyed. "But you don't know that... You should at least take Bri in."

"And let him see that hell hole and pity me? No fucking way. And Chrissie is moving out of his place today so I can be there by tonight." And just saying that out loud, convinces me more to just get this over with.

He is still reluctant, obviously. How could I possibly change his mind after everything Cory had done?

Freddie tugs his bottom lip with his teeth hard, as he most likely knows he can't control me and I'll jump into this shit like it's nothing. I know it's nothing, but I know what I'm going there to do. I'll be in and out, my own rational fears won't slow me down. "Alright," he sighs in defeat as I grab a bottle from the fridge, "Just be careful, dear-- and if he hurts you again this time I will crack his knee-caps. And also Brian's if he intentionally hurts you..."

A smile is plastered on my face, but I'm feeling a little sentimental. "Got it."

Walking up the Freddie standing in front of the kitchen's doorway, I raise my brows with him being in my way. And certainly, this has all been some sort of journey living here with him. He gave me so much and this is the time I'll be off to try to live my life, for the first time in the longest sentence I've had when I felt empty and that there was nothing left.

But of course, Fred was always there to push me out of my comfort zone.

Why do I feel sad, as if I'm leaving him forever? I'm just no longer sleeping on a vintage sofa in his flower-scented home... but it was much different than just seeing him during coffee breaks before.

"Oh," Fred's eyes wooden in the realization that he's in the way of me and he moves aside to allow me to go through first back into the living room. But instead of simply walking out, I throw my arms around him into a tight hug, patting his back. In surprise, he laughs and hugs me back.

"Thanks for being there for me, and taking care of me, and letting me stay here when I was just being a pussy..."

He pulls away and winks, "I'd do again, darling. Just make sure you don't do anything I would do."

It's some of the best advice he can give, and being satisfied with that I walk back into the living room and lift the suitcase back from off the sofa then hear a loud car beep from outside, I assume it to be Brian. I look over the Freddie a final time, who just shrugs with an awkward smile. I can tell he isn't still on board with my idea, but I can tell him at the very least understands it.