I22I - Morning Breath

~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~ ☆ ~
Brian's P.O.V▪︎
~☆ ~☆ ~☆ ~☆ ~☆ ~☆ ~☆ ~

I stare out the car window as large sprinkles of raindrops appear on the glass and I've been watching it for quite a while, as what happens usually when it raims. I'm waiting for Roger to step-foot out of the apartment so we can get back soon, but looking at the time now it's already been about 30 minutes.

He did mention it would go quickly because he didn't have much if anything and that I had nothing to worry about, though it was his ex and all. I still find myself getting anxious about it taking longer than I anticipated.

I don't wanna be that guy either just to go up there and check if he's alright. Roger is very much a badass and I'm almost certain he wouldn't need me to argue with his ex. I just hope Cory never had any intentions to hurt Rog after he left, God I'd be pissed... I can already feel anger bubbling inside me thinking about if he even laid a finger on him.

I'm not worried about Roger going back to him, that's the last thing I'll think about. I know who he's already attached to these days. And all I have to do is lay back and think about how happy we will finally be. And that I'll be able to wake up next to Rog every morning.

Money, the Pink Floyd song begins on the radio quietly, but I lean over to turn up the volume to distract my possessive thoughts. Now the band still has me thinking about Rog and his childhood, but at least now I'm not overreacting and worrying. He might just have a lot of stuff, and if he isn't back in 20 minutes I'll be there for him-

Yeah, I'll be there.

Definitely.

...

But maybe texting him wouldn't be a bad idea.

I take out my phone and quickly open it to my chats, but before clicking on Roger's name I notice a new message from Chrissie. I swallow hard before clicking on it with no other thought in my head but curiosity... but maybe also guilt.

Chrissie: I'm packed. Leaving now. Have a good life, Brian.

It feels as if all this weight is just lifted off of me knowing that I'm no longer stuck in the mind-set of that relationship. That she's actually gone, it's hard to believe. I have to admit that it is saddening, remembering the few good memories that still stuck with us there. I will be able to make new ones with the new person I've fallen even harder for, but I hope she finds someone better. She wasn't a villain, we just had different ideas.

I text her back a simple 'Alright. Thank you. You too.' Before going into my chat with Roger to send what I was intentionally going to, and I'm sure she's used to texts as boring as that from me anyway.

You: Hey is everything going okay? Getting things packed?

I tap my foot softly on the gas pedal and wait for just a little response to pop up in front of me, just wanting the reassurance. I don't think that he would even think to expect a text from me. I'm more of a person who just goes for things. Hell, he is probably expecting more for me to run in there rather than just send a calm sounding text message and being this close to him. I'm not going to be weird.

My foot stops relentlessly tapping the second he reads it and starts typing, only barley little relief waves over me enough to where at least I know he's alive.

Rog🌻: I'm fine ill be down there right now ok

You: Okay take your time :)