06

ROSE

As it turned out, Tobias, in fact, did not have a lot to offer. Okay, let me correct myself – he, likely, had a lot to offer but was not willing to show it to me. It was like midnight struck, and the Cinderella magic had washed off in a split second.

He distanced himself, and looked at me with disgust. Yet, I knew it was not directed towards me, it was directed towards himself. He was ashamed of his actions and that he allowed himself to behave in such a way.

He was out of my sight as I blinked. It felt like I was finally able to breathe again, though it was not pleasant. I was yearning for a man I met so recently that I did not know his age yet. But, somehow, the fact that he broke out of the kiss first and left me alone, made me want him more.

Those games where the man is hard to get can either end in a heart break, or can be a fun game to play.

I woke up in a cold sweat. I had a nightmare and was able to forcefully wake myself up. I experienced sleep paralysis twice in my lifetime, and it was the scariest thing I had to go through. Somehow, I managed to learn how to avoid it, because, undoubtedly, this nightmare would've turned into one episode of sleep paralysis.

I dressed up in a matching shirt and sweatpants, my hair pul

led into a loose ponytail. I was exhausted, since I was unable to fall asleep immediately, and the alcohol did its job, and the hangover I was feeling was awful.

''Good morning.'' I announced, with a yawn.

''Morning.'' Tobias replied. He was slowly sipping on his coffee while the newspaper sat on the table in front of him. His eyes never met mine, and I was grateful for that.

Although it was undeniable that I wanted this man for myself, I acted out like a child, it was way too rushed, way too... out front. It wasn't supposed to turn out this way, and now I needed to lower the attitude, or I would get kicked out.

''I have guests coming over today,'' He announced as I took a seat across from him, a warm cup of coffee between my hands, ''I'll cook something, and I do expect you on your best behavior.''

I was not dumb not to understand the hidden message in the threatening tone. He did not want a repeat of yesterday. A nod of my head was the only response I could muster.

''If you don't want me around, I can stay in my room.'' I gave him a suggestion. He was yet to look up. I heard the pages turn on the newspaper, and the slightest chuckle from Tobias.

''No need. They already saw the whole ordeal last night.''

''Oh.'' I said, ''I'm sorry for last night.''

I was the first one to bring it up, and somehow, I wasn't afraid of confronting him. It came out as naturally as possible, and it needed to be over with.

His eyes finally met mine and I felt oxygen leave my body. ''What are you sorry for, exactly?''

''For getting drunk.'' I mumbled.

''That's it?''

Disbelief laced his tongue, and as he gave me the hardest stare I'd ever experienced from me, it finally made me realize what he was fishing for. He wanted me to apologize for kissing him, too. As embarrassed as I was, I knew I needed to say something regarding that incident, otherwise it would've left me with a nasty taste in my mouth.

I took a deep breath, ''I'm sorry for kissing you last night. I knew it was dumb and I was intoxicated. I'm sorry if I did anything you didn't like.''

He laughed, sarcastically, ''Just don't do it again. I can tolerate one mistake, two would be too much.''