Once Upon a Time

Once upon a time, there was a queen named Pam who ruled a large and mighty kingdom. And yet, she was sad, for she was growing old, and had no child to inherit the throne. Then, happily, a son was born. A prince, and he was given the name, Sam-I-Am.

Kings and Queens came from all around to offer their gifts to the child. Among them was the king and queen Am-I, and their youngest son, Prince Guy.

It was then, that Pam and the Am-Is happened the same idea: Guy and Sam would be brought together each summer in hopes that they would fall in love. And join their kingdoms forever.

But unknown to all was another plan, that of the evil enchanter, Snerz. Sam's birth was of little concern to him, for he was preparing to take Pam's kingdom by means of the forbidden arts.

On the eve of his assault, Pam attacked, and Snerz's powers were plunged to darkness. Despite calls for his death, the enchanter was only banished.

Snerz said, "Don't get your hopes up, Pam. Someday, I'll have my powers back. And when I do, everything you own and everything you loved will be mine." Pam pointed at the forest for Snerz to leave. Snerz walked through the forest never been seen or heard from again.

Many feared Queen Pam too kind. But in time, the threat was forgotten. And all hopes turned to that not-so-distant summer when Guy and Sam would meet.