Hello, good sir!

prompt: hinata can speak english
set after: what's that right there?

__./\.__

Sawamura had locked the gymnasium doors with a loud CLACK! from the padlock. He tossed the keys into the air with a smile and turned to his teammates waiting from below the stairs, most busy with their own agenda. The day was unusually peaceful, aside from the mop water incident, so he was kind of glad he could be more laid back than usual days. He eyed his juniors, silently chuckling to himself as he walked towards them.

Sugawara was quick to notice the captain being amused by no one near him and chortled, "Having fun there?"

Sawamura rolled his eyes, "I'm still getting you back for getting me with that bucket," he laughs, lightly shoving the ring of keys into the setter's chest, "It's your turn to open up the gym tomorrow."

"Right, right. I know."

Sawamura then turned to the team, hollering to them, "Alright, everyone. Let's go home!"

"Ossu!"

./\.

"So when did you get the tattoo?"

"Bakageyama! Weren't you listening earlier! I got with Asahi-senpai three weeks ago!" Hinata huffed at Kageyama's question, crossing his arms as he walked beside his partner.

"Jeez, Kageyama-kun!" Nishinoya chimed in, arms behind his head while he butted into the duo's conversation, "Were you too distracted with the tattoo that you forgot how to listen?"

Tanaka joined in as well, a cheeky grin on his face, "Prolly fell in love with Hinata more. Gotta love that 'enemies to friends to lovers' trope," he sniped as he slung an arm over Nishinoya's shoulders. His other arm was placed over his face, the back of his palm pressed into his forehead in a dramatic manner, "'Hinata! I can't think of only volleyball now. Now I can only think of you AND volleyball! You and your uber-hot tattoo have taken my heart! I don't know what to choose! Do I go with my life passion or the love of my life?!'" The second-year mocked Kageyama, emphasizing on unnecessary words to add to the drama.

Kageyama griped, "I don't sound like that–" his face was dark, shivering at the 'scene' his upperclassmen had made up on the spot.

Hinata, on the other hand, poked fun of the young setter as well. Literally poking his sides as he teased him, "Ehh– Bakageyama likes me? Heh? Heh? You like me, Bakageyama?"

The setter quickly went in for the kill, his palm coming in contact with Hinata's face in a matter of seconds. Veins were comically popping out of the back of his hand. He was going to tear Hinata's face off if no one were to stop him in time. The short middle-blocker cried out for help for his two upperclassmen, but alas, the two were too busy laughing their asses off to their own joke than to help the poor, poor kid.

./\.

"Uh, excuse me?" came a very foreign voice. And by foreign, actually foreign. It was a man that had walked up towards the busy group of rowdy volleyball players. He had his palm raised up to his chest as if he was waiting for permission to continue speaking. From the features the man had, he was most likely, definitely not, surely not Japanese. He had platinum blonde hair slicked back with clear gel and the purest green eyes a person could have. His skin was pale, paler than any of the team members or the bystanders that had passed by. And he was speaking in English, an accent prominent in his voice.

The group just stared in silence, both in shock and in confusion. They have already left the store, pork buns in hand and ready to eat but it seems like Tanaka's is slipping from his hands as he was frozen.

Sawamura, bless his heart, wriggled through the astounded group of teenagers. He mimicked the man's gesture, raising up his hand as well, "Her- Hello?" He was a bit hesitant. His own accent had seeped in as he spoke. He puts his hand down.

"Do you know the directions to the Naruko-… Goten-Yu Station?" The man was stumbling a bit at the pronunciations, lingering on the vowels longer than he should have. Though he seemed relieved to have Sawamura answer him.

The captain didn't really understand the whole sentence but had caught on to a few keywords. He turned to his team, his eyes conveying a cry for help. He turned back to the man, a nervous smile on his face, "Directions to the Naruko-Goten-Yu Station," he repeated but the man couldn't understand him other than the name of the station.

A tuft of bright orange hair appeared on Sawamura's peripheral and he immediately turned down to look. Hinata stood beside him, a half-eaten pork bun in his hand as he swallowed a bite. He wiped his mouth with a sleeve and looked up at the foreign man, "I can help you with that!" He grinned. He was speaking in clear English. His accent, of course, still poked through a bit, but he didn't slur his consonants and had spoken confidently. Hinata looks up at Sawamura, "I don't actually know where that is but you can tell me and I can tell him!"

Sawamura stood shocked but quickly regained his senses and nodded at Hinata. The others were impressed as well, staring at their decoy in both admiration and surprise.

There was a soft plop! that was only heard by the people who stood behind Sawamura and Hinata. The two were busy working together to help the Englishman get his directions as the rest just stared and waited. The pork bun Tanaka dropped was long forgotten.

"Was Hinata always so good in English?" Nishinoya asks, leaning towards Tanaka, shrugging and ignoring the wasted pork bun on the pavement.

Tsukishima piped in, adjusting his glasses as he sneered at Hinata's back, "Last time I quizzed him on spelling, he spelt 'orange' with a 'd'."

"How did he get that–" Asahi quietly quipped in the background.

"Hinata was great during English class."

Everyone turned to the person who spoke up. It was Kageyama, minding his own business as he ate his own share of the pork buns. Looks like he has a whole bag that would last him for the rest of the walk (if he would stop eating for now).

"I don't remember Hinata being that good," Sugawara states. Damn, what happened to being supportive–

Nishinoya ponders for a moment before piping up, jabbing a finger in the air, "Ah! Didn't Hinata say his dad is from America??"

"He did, didn't he?"

The group was then cut off, hearing the foreigner bid Daichi and Hinata a cheerful "Goodbye!" as he faded off into the distance. They stared at their captain and decoy in silence, eyes wide.

Hinata spoke up, "When did you guys look like this–"

"WHEN DID YOU SPEAK LIKE THAT?"

__./\.__

i'm really sorry that this is not up to par as my last one. along with it being late,,,
i'll try to keep on schedule next chapter!