𝟷𝟸_[𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜]

third_[person]

"So let me get this straight," Hyunjin said. "Jiwoo broke up with her girls friend, of over ten years, for no reason?"

"Mhm," Heejin responded, holding a half eaten sandwich in her hand.

It was noon, the only time they both didn't have class. More importantly, one of the only times they could even see eachother. And what better to do than eat lunch at this time.

"Lies, I don't believe it," Hyunjin said, taking the sand which out of Heejin's hand.

They couldn't afford the university's prices for food at the cafeteria, so they always shared their meals. Today was one sandwich, a bag of chips, and water.

"Doesn't sound very 'Jiwoo'," Hyunjin said, her mouth filled with food.

Just then came a running Hyeju and Yerim up the hill. They immediately jumped on top of the two, rummaging through the food. Following behind them was a slow walking Chaewon and Yeojin.

"So, what are we talking about now," Yerim asked.

"Jiwoo and Sooyoung," Heejin said, putting her head on Hyunjin's shoulder.

"Gross PDA. Get a room," Yerim said.

"HAH, like I'd ever date her," Hyunjin chimed in.

Heejin felt her heart slightly drop at the statement, but she showed no signs of being upset.

"Anyways," Yerim said, scooting the slightest bit closer to Yeojin. "I'm single."

"Oh my fucking god. Yeojin, she likes you, now let her finish the story," Hyeju said.

Yeojin has the most confused look on her face, being that the two had been together before and they broke up about a month ago.

"It's nothing really interesting," Heejin said. "Just that Jiwoo broke up with Sooyoung last night."

Hyeju looked around, waiting for somebody to laugh. Nobody made a single sound.

"Lies, but go on," Hyeju said.

"No, it's true," Heejin said.

The four of them looked at eachother with looks of disbelief on their faces. Never in a million years did would they predict for the two to break up.

time_[skip]

Somehow, Hyeju stumbled upon a Jiwoo, who was walking to her next class. Instead of leaving her alone, Hyeju tackled her to the grass and pinned her down.

"What did you do to her?" Hyeju asked. "You know how depressing it is seeing her cry all throughout class. Not to mention it's fucking annoying."

"Who?" Jiwoo asked, trying to get out of Hyeju's hold.

"Don't play dumb, you know who I'm talking about," Hyeju said, standing up-right.

"We broke up, and that's it. She'll be fine sooner or later," Jiwoo said.

"Jiwoo, I'm not stupid. Who is it?" Hyeju asked, her hands on her waist.

"Who's who?" Jiwoo asked.

Hyeju didn't respond, and looked directly into Jiwoo's eyes. The second her eyes moved one little movement, Hyeju whipped her body around to face whatever she was looking at.

"No," Hyeju said. "It'll never work out between the two of you. Cut yourself the slack."

"I mean-" Jiwoo started to say.

Without letting her finish, Hyeju dragged Jiwoo up to the path leading the hill and directed her to turn around.

"You see that," Hyeju said while pointing. "You see what she has in her hand."

Jiwoo nodded, it was a sketchbook.

"You see what she's drawing?" Hyeju said.

Jiwoo bit her cheek and nodded again.

It was Heejin holding a sketchbook. She was drawing a girl sitting under a tree. Right beside her, Hyunjin sat with her back leaned against the tree as the two talked.

"Jiwoo," Hyeju said, facing her now. "I hate to be the one to tell you, but even if she's not taken, she's taken."

"I can't go back," Jiwoo mumbled.

"Give me a fucking break. She can't go a minute without crying, she can't even eat anymore. Hell, she can barely fucking talk because she missed your dumbass and it hasn't even been a full day," Hyeju said. "And why? Because your getting delusional over some girl that's practically married already. I'm not here to tell you what to do, I'm just saying your stupid for trying with her."

Hyeju stormed off right after. She didn't know what else to say. She did her part, all Jiwoo had to do was listen. Jiwoo always had a difficult time listening.

While walking back to her dorm, she stumbled upon Hyunjin and Heejin talking in the halls. She decided to quickly leave instead of staying, but she pulled back.

"You're not busy tonight right?" Hyunjin asked.

"No, I don't think I am," Jiwoo responded.

"Great, Jiwoo will go with you then." Hyunjin said, handing a ticket to Jiwoo. "Tonight at eight, Seoul Arts Center. You'll be watching some play with Heejin."

"But I wanted to go with you," Heejin said, pulling the hem of Hyunjin's shirt.

"We've been over this, I'm busy," Hyunjin said. "Unless you want to spend your whole night at the library, you should go."

Heejin glared at Hyunjin, then looked at Jiwoo. Jiwoo was nice, and they were pretty close friends. It wouldn't be that bad.

"Fine," Heejin said. "See you tonight."

With that, the pair was off. Jiwoo looked at her ticket, debating whether she should go or not. She came to the decision that she should, being that they were still friends.

"Friends," Jiwoo said. "Just friends."

She didn't like the sound of it. She didn't like being "just friends." She wanted to be more.