𝟷𝟽_[𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜]

third_[person]

Embarrassed. Heejin was embarrassed at the fact that she'd been blinded to what Hyunjin was trying to say. Most of all, she was hurting. Not because of rejection, but because she felt as if she'd just lost the only person who truly understood her. She felt like she lost her bestfriend.

Walking into the living room, Heejin took the denim jacket, Hyunjin's denim jacket, off and draped it over the side of the couch. Sitting on the floor with her back leaned to the couch, Heejin stared into blank space.

Biting the inside of her cheek, Heejin slowly nodded her head. She rubbed her throat, trying to force the lump in her throat down. One by one, tears rolled down her cheeks.

"What was I thinking," Heejin mumbled to herself.

The noise of the TV seemed to be a distant echo. It was just Heejin and herself in that moment. Her breathing became heavier as the minutes passed by.

"Heejin," Her mother called from the kitchen.

Wiping the tears off her face, Heejin looked over her shoulder to face her mother. On the table laid an array of food.

"I'm not hungry," Heejin responded.

Noticing that Heejin was trying to cover her feelings, her mother walked over and sat on the couch. Ever so slowly, she place Heejin's head onto her lap.

"Tough morning?" She asked, softly patting the girls head.

Without responding, Heejin broke down. She didn't sob or cry out loud, rather a long silent cry. The boxed up emotions she'd been trying to bury came careering out of her. Indeed, it was a tough morning.

Having no where to go, Hyunjin aimlessly walked the train tracks. There was no where to go anymore, she no longer had something to do.

It was boring walking alone. Everytime she'd go somewhere, Heejin would undoubtedly be right by her side. Now, there was no one to talk too and no one to keep her company. But she couldn't complain, it was her fault after all.

Returning to the city, the two still sat right infront of eachother. Neither of them could look the other in the eye. Hyunjin desperately wanted to say something to Heejin, but she couldn't bring herself to say anything.

"You're back early," Sooyoung said surrounded by multiple boxes.

"Uh-huh," Heejin responded.

She lied on her bed, hugging her sheets. She had no motivation to do anything, everything seemed 10x more difficult now.

"What are doing?" Heejin asked, stretching her body out to get a bag of chips.

"Packing," Sooyoung said. "You should be too, we have to leave by the end of this week."

"Leaving for what? Are we moving dorms?" Heejin asked with her mouth full of chips.

"Heejin," Sooyoung said, setting down a box. "Upperclassmen can't stay in the dorms, so we have to move out."

Heejin instantly shot up from her bed with her eyes wide.

"What do you mean move out?" Heejin asked, tossing her chips to the table.

"Move out, as in you don't live on campus and you live somewhere else? You should've known this by now," Sooyoung said.