The Family Dog

It was yet another normal day for La Squadra. Except that was clearly a lie. Because everyone knows the hitman team can't have a normal day to save their lives. The real question was, what kind of chaos would ensue on this fine morning?

However, their question was soon answered when Risotto came into the room. Which seemed to be the way these things usually tended to start, much to Ghiaccio's dismay. He had hoped that Risotto had forgotten about what had occured the night before. Or at the very least, forgotten to yell at him. But the serious expression on his father's face caused him to fear the worst.

"Ghiaccio. Take it easy." He began, noticing the somewhat fearful expression on the ice cube's face. "You're not going to get yelled at... Just yet. Actually, I have a job for you. And if you do it right, I might be inclined to forget about the little stunt you pulled." This however, only made Ghiaccio more nervous. The last job he had been given was what lead to that entire fiasco in the first place! And he certainly wasn't ready to go through something like that again. Though whatever it was, it couldn't possibly be any worse than whatever Risotto had originally planned to do to him---

"Since you seemed to have so much trouble with the car, I want you to walk the dog today instead. Just know that I still expect the car to be cleaned at a later date." He explained. Upon hearing this, Ghiaccio went from fearing for his life, to being just plain confused. If he couldn't even clean a car properly, what made him think walking the dog was going to be any easier?! He was still blind as N'doul for cheese god's sake! Come to think of it... Since when did they have a dog anyway?!

"Melone can walk himself." Ghiaccio said before letting out a small chuckle. Quite proud of how funny his joke was. "Hehe. I'm hilarious, aren't I?" He muttered. Though Melone certainly didn't think so, as now Ghiaccio was the one getting an elbow to the ribs. Risotto however, certainly wasn't laughing, causing the both of them to go silent.

"I was supposed to tell you all yesterday. But obviously, I didn't get the chance." He began. "It's clear to me that no one in this family has any idea how to be responsible. Yesterday was proof enough of that. So your mother suggested that I steal--- i mean, borrow a dog. Hopefully it will be able help with that."

Seriously? A dog? The rest of the team looked at each other in confusion. Except for Prosciutto, who seemed to have a certain air of confidence about him. He was quite certain about his idea. If this couldn't help drill some responsibility into those brat's brains, he didn't know what would.

Just then, a loud bang was heard from the other room before something strange, and rather thicc, burst right through the floor, and began running circles around Risotto,. Who didn't seem surprised in the slightest. The others on the other hand, let out a simultaneous gasp. "🅱ecco?!?"

"Oh you've got to be kidding me! Of all the dogs you could've taken, YOU PICKED THAT ONE?!" Ghiaccio screeched. Nuh uh. There was absolutely no way he was about to deal with this. If he wasn't angry before, he most definitely was now. Melone on the other hand, looked more terrified than anything else.

"Dad! Are you serious?! Do you know what that crazy, moldy doctor will do to me during my next checkup if he finds out you stole his dog?!" He exclaimed, going into full panik mode. The others seemed just as concerned, with Illuso making a break for the nearest mirror, and Formaggio shrinking just enough to hide himself inside the couch cushions while Pesci simply watched in horror. None of them able to mentally prepare for what would inevitably end in chaos. Except for Sorbet and Gelato that is. Those two looked as though they were already planning the dog's murder much to no ones surprise.

"Will you all just shut up for a minute!?" Risotto shouted, already developing a headache from almost the entire team talking at once. He expected as much considering they're incapable of having a normal conversation, but that didn't stop the pounding in his head. "I told you. I didn't steal the dog. I borrowed it. And it needs to be walked. It's already yelling at everyone." He stated, pointing at Secco. Who at that point had stopped running around the room only to start barking rather loudly at Ghiaccio.