pota to

How is this garbage getting so much support already? thank youuuuuuuu :))))

I also wanna mention that I'm not tryna force ships on people cos I forgot to say that in the first chapter
This is just for fun :)

also techno won the potato war so gg

Here's a nice fluffy chapter to commemorate this moment in history (the first part takes place right after his stream btw).

TW: light swearing (dream says the dang word 😳)

"PogChamp lol"
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ending the stream, Dave sat back in his chair. After nine months of relentless farming, he had done it. He won the potato war. He'd gotten a commemorative 'crown' of sorts, and, as he'd hoped, Squid wasn't angry that he lost.

Some of his friends were in his chat when it happened, too-- Phil, Wilbur, Deo, Tommy, Skeppy, Schlatt...Hell, even Carson was cracking a few jokes every now and then. He just found it unbelievable that after all that work it was finally over. Of course, his work wasn't done, as Squid was still gonna try to get his number one spot back, but once summer was over he felt like he would be able to relax a bit more.

The familiar ring of an incoming Discord call pierced his thoughts, dissolving them and jolting Dave into action. He quickly changed tabs to see who was calling him. His eyes widened slightly when he saw that it was Dream--or Clay, as he'd begun calling him. Answering the call, Dave gave a greeting and adjusted his headphones.

"Hey! I saw the stream. Congrats on winning that war!"

"Oh, you were in the stream?" Dave wasn't expecting Clay to have been watching. It warmed his heart knowing that fact, and he could feel his face heat up. The other laughed. "Of course I was! Had to see the conclusion, yknow?"

He hummed. "I guess so."

They both paused, letting silence engulf the call for a few moments. After a minute or so, Dave spoke, "Wasn't as...fulfilling...as I thought it would be. I mean, it took a lot of time to do it, but I just...there's really just something missing about beating someone in a war of potatoes--especially if they're in college and are 7 feet tall." The two shared a laugh, letting all else melt away in the enjoyment of their conversation.

The boys ended up talking for hours on end--about life, about the days event's and especially about the collab they were still planning on doing, with the occasional flirty comment from Clay that made Dave's stomach do somersaults.

He didn't like Clay like that, did he? They haven't known each other for too too long and the comments they sent back and forth to each other were just jokes. Why did that fact seem so goddamn painful? Did he really want to be more than just friends?

"I dunno," Dave answered to one of Dream's questions, leaning back in his chair as he stared at the list of ideas the two had created. "We could always just play normal survival." He clicked the pen a couple of times, trying to concentrate despite his racing heart and the thoughts circulating in his mind.

Clay hummed in response. "I mean, it could work. Probably add a few elements here and there to make it more entertaining, and we've got ourselves a video. Are you free next Monday?"

"Yep."

"Alright, then. We'll play next Monday."

Satisfied with the decision, Dave laughed. "I'm about to steal all of your clout." He heard a playful scoff through the call. "Then I'll steal your heart in return."