seven

You had assumed that you'd end up in prison one day. But not the one time you haven't actually stolen anything.

"I wasn't stealing anything!" You protested loudly as the guards dragged you along. "I'm not a thief!"

Of course, they hadn't believed you, which was why you were currently curled up on the cold, stone floor of the castle prison. 

According to the guards infernal teasing, you were one of multiple thieves caught that day alone, and incedently the last straw for the kingsguard. They had been instructed to bring any other thieves directly to the castle instead of the general prison in the lower settlements of the city for the irritated kingsguard to personally deal with.

Just your luck.

You sat in the tiny cell; 3 rough cobblestone walls and a dark iron gate you have to call home for god knows how long. 

Huddled on the ground, your mind wanders back to Yeosang.

Back to Yeosang and how he simply abandoned you in the market, allowing the guards to drag you away and throw you in this dingy castle cellar.

You knew deep down that finding someone as generous and selfless as Yeosang was too good to be true, his immediate welcoming aura should've been suspicious to you. Nobody is ever that nice.  It was a shame that he ended up proving you right. 

You just hope he didn't truly leave you here.

He's all you have.

With a groan, you haul yourself off the floor and stretch your limbs out; you can't see the outside from your cell, but you're certain the sun has set in the hours you've been confined in the castle prison.

Pacing back and forth through the cell, you don't notice two guards- different from the ones who arrested you- unlock the heavy metal door.

"Prancing about like a little fairy, are we?" One of them sneers. 

The other grabs you harshly by your wrists, pulling them behind you and binding them together with a scratchy length of rope.

"Kingsguard wants to meet you, little fairy." His face contorts into the ugliest expression you've ever seen. You think it's supposed to resemble a menacing grin, but the lack of joy this vile human has ever experienced prevents him from actually being able to smile.

"He's intrigued about our sweet little thief," the other continues. "Not often we get a lady prisoner down here."

You don't need to be a genius to figure out what they're thinking.

So instead, you stay quiet and let them push you through the cobblestone hallway of the prison, up until you're face to face with giant, mahogany doors.

The guard tugs the ropes impossibly tighter around your wrists and you wonder whether or not your hands are getting any blood circulation. 

Probably not.

"You try anything in front of the kingsguard..." The second guard flashes his glistening sword threateningly around the side of your neck, running the edge of the blade gently across your skin and making you shudder.

You're pretty sure you understand what he's getting at.

They carry on escorting you through the castle, through hallways lined with plush crimson rugs and exquisite paintings hanging on the walls. Floor to ceiling curtains hang on almost every wall, illuminated a deep wine red by the torches glowing throughout the passage.

You pass a set of grand doors on your right, only allowing you a brief peek inside, but you're stunned.

What you assume to be the grand hall of the castle, is absolutely breath-taking.