Chapter 3

A/N 6/20/2020: I like Lindsey Stirling and Phantom of the Opera! Pretty much most times, the music at the time will just be some of my favorite songs (which is a variety) that have nothing to do with the story but on the rare occasion, the title of a song or a lyric in a song will fit the chapter. Also let me know if the chapters are too long or too short. If they're too short, I can always go edit the chapters. I'm writing this all ahead of time so that I can post regularly and not feel bad or pressured to get a chapter out. I know all too well that writers block sucks and that life happens. Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~

Her father taught her a few moves to stun and immobilize each. He figured those would be enough for now. Amelia was content with what she learned. She practiced them daily so they'd stick and become reflex or instinctive. She wanted to learn this because she came up with an idea that could go wrong, if not done correctly.

"Toby, this is the perfect opportunity. The party will be at the Campbell's house. We could snoop there."

"Are you trying to purposefully get yourself in danger so you can quit? If you don't want to work with the organization, then quit. Don't put yourself in danger to do so." Toby said. They were eating lunch at school.

"It's not that. I know it's risky but I don't want to quit yet. Besides, how many chances do we get like this?"

Toby sighed. "Bad thing is, I know Rin is going to be okay with this. Do you even have an idea of what to look out for? Tell me you have a plan?"

"It's a work in progress." She answered simply.

"AKA, you don't have a plan. I'll help in any way I can, just let me know."

"You can be the look out and just text me when my silly ass is on the verge of getting caught. I'll have Grian and other creatures help too."

"Aren't you supposed to be a lady of high society? Watch that language of yours." Toby teased with a smile.

"We don't have to act all prim and proper 24/7. Right, Tabby Cat?"

"Exactly, Toby. Amelia is right." Tabby stuck her tongue out at Toby.

He scoffed. "Girls always ganging up on me. We really need to add another guy to the group."

"If only there were another guy in our situation. They're either too old or too young." Tabby said. It was nothing personal to normal guys their age. It was just that they learned from experience that most of their classmates are shallow and only see them for their money or more like, their parents money. The ones that aren't after their money just don't pay them any mind; either that or they're too shy to approach them. The three of them have pretty dominating auras, so it could be intimidating to anyone who doesn't know them personally.

"When I was a kid, my dad had a friend and his kid over. I think they were similar to us but he goes to a different school. Otherwise I would have pointed him out." Amelia stated.

"That or we'd see him at the parties but you've never mentioned anyone." Toby pointed out.

Amelia looked confused and then shrugged it off. "Oh yeah . . .  oh well." She wouldn't lose sleep over it.

"I know I'm technically not employed by your boss but if while at the party, you need my help, like to distracted people, let me know." Tabby offered.

"Thanks, Tabbs." Both Amelia and Toby said. They usually called her Tabby or Tabby Cat but sometimes, when they were lazy, they would just call her Tabbs.

"Anytime!"

~~~~~~

Amelia had come up with a plan before the party and told Toby and Tabby. She got Grian to go along with it and he in turn got some of his creature friends to help. It wasn't unusual for creatures to sneak into peoples houses. So, if anyone other than herself could see or hear the creatures, it shouldn't be suspicious.