~Chapter 15: It's up to you~

So for the ending I may have a spin-off for Squip. It would be short, but I feel like I could do a lot more with that? Idk, give me your opinion!

~Y/n's POV~

I had spent the night at Michael's, crying. It was official: Rich was dead. They found his body that morning, mostly burned to ash. And I can't even imagine losing Jeremy to this "Squip" thing. I had to do it.

For Rich's sake.

For Michael's sake.

For Jeremy's sake.

Michael and I skipped school that day so we could plan out what we were gonna do.

"So, we'll both go inside and find Jeremy. Then, we give him the Mt. Dew Red and BAM, the day will be saved!" Michael exclaimed, smiling at me.

I smiled back. I could get Jeremy back! And Jeremy and I could maybe BE something....

I must had been blushing, because Michael frowned and said, "You're blushing. Are you okay?"

I sighed and decided to confess. "Micha, I may....well...kinda have a thing for Jeremy?"

He smiled wide at me. It wasn't a normal, happy smile, though: it seemed to be fake. He was probably just anxious about the Squip operation.

"Y/n, that's...that's amazing!" Michael exclaimed, holding the same smile.

I smiled back and asked, "Do you think he'll give us a shot?"

Michael nodded. "Of course! In fact, before this whole Squip incident, he actually wanted to confess....never mind," he quickly said.

The only thing I heard from Michael's mouth was "Of course."

"Alright, let's head to the school," Michael said in a monotone voice.

I nodded and walked with him to his PT Cruiser.

~Time skip to skool~

Michael swerved his car into the packed parking lot. If Jeremy's Squip gets out of control, everyone else could be Squipped...

As I climbed out of the car with the Mt. Dew Red, Michael stayed put.

"Michael, ya' coming?" I asked.

He shook his head and smiled sadly. "Y/n, this isn't my battle: it's yours."

Astonished, I took a step back and asked, "What? Y-you have to come! You have to—"

He put a finger on my lips. "You can do this, y/n. I believe in you."

I took a deep breath. "Okay. I'll do it on my own."

Michael put a hand on my shoulder. "You'll be find. I lo—I mean, I'll be here if you need me."

I smiled and hugged him. "Wish me luck," I whispered.

As I ran towards the school, I wondered if I was to late....

~Michael's POV~

I watched as y/n ran towards the school. I guess these last few days I realized how much I loved her. But I know she loves Jeremy.

She doesn't love me.

I'm just a background character.

At least I got a kiss from her. There was SOME passion in it, I know it! But this isn't my story.

It was Jeremy's.

Next chapter you meet the Squip! You excited? I know I am! Have a lovely day/night❤️🦙❤️