Available

The Radio Demon's visit was all my maids could talk about for the next three days. Every time I turned a corner, I would find at least two of them gossiping and not doing their work.

"Aimi, Chiyo," I snapped my fingers, tired of the idleness, "The baseboards are not going to clean themselves."

Both maids scurried to their work, looking like scolded puppies. I watched them busily scrub the baseboards in the hall, making sure they stayed on task.

"Ma'am," Yuki, my most reliable maid, said behind me. I turned to look at her. 

"We have a new patron to arrive tonight," She said quietly so the other two listening couldn't hear.

"Call Sakamoto then," I replied, "She is usually available to entertain last minute."

"No ma'am," Yuki shifted uncomfortably, "He asked if you were available to entertain."

My gaze snapped to hers. As a general rule, I did not entertain as a geisha would. I would fill in here and there and visit each patron or party for a short while each night. 

"Who is it?" I asked, wondering who would become a patron of my teahouse with such a lack of knowledge of etiquette. 

"The Radio Demon," Yuki's voice was a hushed whisper. 

"Tell him..." My own voice was a copy of hers, "Tell him I am available to entertain."