Titles

The next morning, Brianna raided her closet. When she finally emerged, she wore her favorite red dress with gold lining and black trim. She walked down to the living room to see the squad gathered on the couch, watching the morning news. Brianna rolled her eyes, before walking into the kitchen only to have her mother latch onto her, "How did you sleep baby?" She asked, embracing her daughter. Brianna smiled, gently pulling away from her mother, "Best sleep I've had in years. Better now that I don't have to worry about Griggs." Her mother frowned, "But you did let him go, Brianna." She said, "He may as well leave the city." Brianna scoffed, pouring herself a bowl of cereal, "He won't leave. I know that much. Waller'll make him stay until she dispatches a team to reclaim me. But when she does- I'll be ready. We'll be ready." She corrected. Harley narrowed her eyes at her daughter, "Brianna, think about this. Griggs is a trained expert. He has people here loyal to him. Remember- he served as your father's right hand man for years." Brianna scoffed, "Anyone dares to attack me it'll be their head on the edge of the territory." It was at that moment that the Joker- who had been sitting on a stool reading the newspaper suddenly spoke up, removing the paper. "My question princess is why did you let him leave alive?" Brianna chuckled, "I'll tell you what I told Ethan- I want him to know how it felt  to be hunted down- and then tortured with no remorse. And once I hunt him down, I'll break his little mind. And then- after I've tortured him enough, I'll kill him."

Her parents stared at her in shock. Jasen chuckled from the side, "Prison changed you- didn't it, Princess?" Brianna grinned, "Jasen!" She launched herself into her friends arms. Jasen laughed, hugging her tightly. "Good to have ya back, Princess." Brianna sighed, "It's good to be back." Jasen laughed and ruffled her hair playfully, "Ain't been the same without you." Brianna cast her gaze towards Ethan as he entered the room with Ecco. "I see that," Brianna answered, before walking over to her brother. Ecco hid behind her older brother when she saw Brianna and the squad. Ethan narrowed his eyes at his twin, "What do you want?" He growled. Brianna scoffed, "Calm yourself, Ethan. We need to talk." Ethan shook his head, "I don't have time. I'm a little, busy." He nodded to Ecco. Brianna sighed, "Ethan- this is important." Ethan snarled before looking down at Ecco, "Go on," He eased, "Go sit by mommy." The child toddled over to her mother and giggled embracing her. Brianna nodded to her brother, walking onto the balcony. He followed, closing the door behind him. Brianna looked out across the city. "We need extra security." She said, "With Griggs still out there I want the best security we have until he is caught and killed." Ethan growled, taking a threatening step towards her, "We wouldn't need to max out our security if you hadn't let the fool go!" Brianna scoffed, "I want him to suffer. And suffer he will." 

Hours passed and by mid afternoon, Jonny Frost came to the penthouse living room where the squad was along with Harley and her children. He held the same emotionless face he always had as he looked at the twins. "Your father wants to see you in his office, at once." Ethan and Brianna looked at their mother, worriedly. She gave them a nod before they stood, following Frost to their father's office. When he let them inside, he closed the door behind them. Locking the twins inside. The Joker turned in his office chair, facing his heirs. "Sit." He ordered calmly. Ethan and Brianna shared a nervous look before obeying their father. He leaned over, resting his elbows on the desk, his hands folded in deep thought before he spoke. "You both know that there can only be one true heir." He started, "And with Brianna's return we need to... reconsider our options." Ethan gulped, "And... what would those options be?" He asked slowly. His father sighed, "Option One, we hand the title back to Brianna. Option Two- you keep the title of heir and we say the birth certificate is flawed. Or, Option Three." He paused at this. "Option three, Brianna is exiled and Ethan keeps the title and nothing changes. Things remain the way they've been for the past year."

Brianna gasped, "Exile?!" Her father nodded. "However, it may be the easiest option- I can't guarantee everyone would support it. Most of our clientele did see you last night. And they saw you exile Griggs. So most would assume the power naturally goes back to you." Ethan tensed, his mind raced and the voice in the back of his head taunted him, she is going to take what's yours. Do something about it. Brianna looked at her father, "What happens if I become heiress again?" She asked. Her father sat back, "Business resumes as normal, only with the change of heir, Ethan's new crew would automatically become yours. You could replace them with your former crew, keep them, or forge an entirely new crew. The choice would be up to you." Brianna nodded, considering the options. Ethan spoke up, "What of my business? What of Cinder? Would Cinder still be safe?" He demanded. His father sighed, "You would no longer be heir- so you forfeit the ability to have a partner in crime. It would be up to your sister if she kept Cinder as her partner. But doing so we would lose Jack and the entire Los Santos Trinity." Ethan growled, "So it'd be open season on her?" His father sighed, "It would depend entirely on your sister. She could issue an order of protection. Though personally my boy- I'm sure you can do better." Ethan growled lowly, glaring at his sister. "What if I'm unwilling to surrender the title?" His father frowned, "Son- I'm telling you the three options we have. Ultimately, it's not up to you. It's up to me- and the Injustice League." He growled in annoyance. Brianna gasped, her chances were slim. But then again, she was in the company of several heirs who did in fact have parents in the Injustice League. Her father noticed and spared her a glance, "I wouldn't worry too much princess, besides- you did help return the others. The only thing that they could doubt is your memory." Brianna sighed, nodding. Ethan stood, "I need to think this over. You'll have my answer by the day's end." Ethan left the room, leaving his sister and father alone. Joker looked at his daughter, "You can go. Unless your concerned about what the league will ask." Brianna sighed,  "That's what worries me. When we got the bombs removed, Jack and Ginger made sure the doctor did a neurological exam on me. Apparently my hippocampus was damaged. They don't think my memory will ever be fully complete. Parts of my memory will always be a haze. I won't remember faces, names- stuff like that." Her father was quiet. "So your allowing your brother to remain heir?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. Brianna hissed, "I never said that. After I found out he practically dismantled my crew and got several of mine killed I knew he couldn't be trusted to rule. I'll do whatever it takes to ensure that I can become heiress again." Her father smiled, "Good. I was hoping you'd say that." He stood, moving to a cupboard and pulling out a small recording device. He set it down before her. "Luthor wants you to have sessions with your mom. Y'know make sure your mentally sound enough to resume your duties." Brianna nodded, "I can work with that." Joker sat back in his desk chair, "If Lex is pleased with the results, he'll want an audience in person. That'll be within the next two weeks. After that- if things go according, he's probably going to do some formal crap with the league to ensure everyone can agree your fit to be heiress. After that last little bit- we can claim you as heiress and have your coronation." Brianna grinned, "Within the month?" Her father nodded, "I have no doubts by the end of the month you'll be back on your pedestal." Brianna grinned, "Perfect."