Peter Parker, the genius

After the events of Homecoming, Tony decided to invite Peter to his lab to discuss his web fluid.

Originally, when Peter was given the suit, Tony had asked him to use his own web fluid, but the settings in the suit could alter it to the different web shooter options. So when Tony finally had a chance to look into the web fluid, he discovered that the webs could hold up to the weight of 11 tonnes but would dissolve in two hours after being exposed to air, but also not weaken during the two hours of exposure. 

When Tony asked Peter how he had accomplished that, Peter shrugged shyly and said, "I don't know, Mr.Stark. I was trying to make something which was very flexible while also being able to withstand weight. The first time I tried it ended up being very heavy, which was kinda inconvenient even with my super strength and could only hold up to 5 tonnes of weight. So I worked on making it lighter and so that it could hold more weight. When I accomplished that, I did some research and found out that it could hold 16 tonnes of weight and only weighed about 32 grams a cartridge. By this time, I had already started going out as Spider-Man. Then I saw that there was a problem. I was leaving webs behind everywhere I went and there was also a complication with the police arresting whoever I have webbed up because they couldn't take the criminal unless they took a part of the wall with them. So I had to wait around till the police showed up so that I can take the webs off the criminal before handing them over to the police. You see, I have a solution which can make the webs dissolve in less than a minute. But I can't just give it to the police because anyone can make the original webs if they have the counter-act of it. And that was surely a problem. Then I got into my research again. I had to make a formula which would dissolve after a particular amount of time but not weaken during that time. So I came up with an idea where I could enclose the dissolving solution in a bubble of sorts which would pop exactly after two hours of being exposed to air. I made it so that the bubbles would accommodate themselves in the inter-molecular spaces in the web fluid. But this kinda decreased the weight it could hold to 11 tonnes. I didn't see a problem in that because I can only hold up to a little more than 10 tonnes. And voila. That's how I created my webs."

Peter had gone into an entirely different universe in his head while explaining the creation of the web fluid to his biggest role model that he hadn't noticed the eyes of the genius billionaire going as wide as the saucers of a teacup. He had also grown steadily more confident through the explanation which he also hadn't noticed.

THE Tony Stark was speechless. Tony always had something to say. Whether it was a snarky comment or a joke or an insult or, rarely, kind words. He always had something to say. But today he was just speechless. 

Now that Peter had snapped out of his reverie, he was nervous because Tony hadn't said anything. He was scared that the genius would just say 'it wasn't much'.

Finally, Tony said, "Wow, kid. I have to say that I'm impressed, because if I don't, then I'd be lying."

For Peter, that in itself felt like an accomplishment. He was very happy that his role model was impressed with his work. Peter's smile was so bright that it felt like the lab had become a more happy place.

"Thank you, Mr.Stark." Peter's voice was very enthusiastic.

 "I do have some questions though, Peter. First, where did you manage to do all of this? No offense, but I don't think you have the money to have your own high-tech lab."

Peter was rubbing the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed, as he said, " Well, I did most of the research in my school chemistry lab and also make the web fluid there, Mr.Stark."

This time Tony's face looked horrified. "You mean to say, that you made one of the most interesting creations I have ever seen in a high school lab?" Tony almost yelled.

Peter was blushing bright red at the compliment. He stuttered, " Y-You see, M-Mr. Stark, my school has a STEM system. So the labs are better equipped than most high schools."

"Doesn't change the fact that it is a high school lab!" Tony was still surprised.

Peter didn't know what to do or say. So he just stood awkwardly. Tony noticed the awkward teen and decided to ask the next question to drive away the awkwardness.

"Why are you still in high school?" Tony asked curiously.

For a normal high schooler, this may seem like an odd question. But to Peter, it made perfect sense what Tony was asking.

So Peter said, "Well, after my freshman year at Midtown, I actually got accepted into MIT and I would have graduated from MIT next year if I had skipped school to go to university. But I didn't want to skip high school. I just wanted to be normal. I knew I wouldn't fit in at university at the age of 14. I barely fit in here at Midtown. And with these powers I got soon after that, I knew I had made the right decision. I wouldn't have wanted the stress of university along with Spider-Man duties. When I told May that I didn't want to go to university so soon, she understood. She supported me. I just want to graduate high school with the rest of my class like a normal teenager."

Tony understood what Peter was saying better than anyone else. Tony had graduated MIT at the age of 17, so he knew how it was to not fit in at university just because of your age. He just desperately wanted to appease his father. He was happy that Peter had someone who supported his decision of staying in school instead of pressuring him into university.

That was when Tony realized how much Peter was like him. But Peter was a better version. Tony promised himself that he would never let Peter go down the path that he did.

Tony had decide that he would mentor the kid and help him find his true potential.

"So, there's not much you learn at school then?" Tony asked nonchalantly.

"Not really, Mr. Stark."

Peter didn't know where this was heading to.

"Then, would you like to be my personal intern officially? You are clearly a genius. You will actually get to learn something here while you can also have a normal school life."

Peter didn't know what to say. He was just opening and closing his mouth like a fish.

Tony laughed and said, "You know, you already do have an internship at SI, at least according to the documents. This is just a promotion. So, what do you say?"

"Yea-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah, of course, I would love to be your personal intern, Mr. Stark. Thank you so much."

Peter, who had now fully comprehended what had happened, was almost jumping off the walls in excitement.

Tony just laughed and looked at the boy genius with a warm look in his eyes.

A/N: This is my first time writing anything. So please tell me how it was. Even if it means you are gonna tell me that it's shit. Please vote if you like it. Comment please. Criticism of all kinds is appreciated.