5

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

"Help, help, help"
Was all I heard myself scream. Not the waters, "no I don't want the ocean or the lakes or...."

"Calm down Manu, am here and I'll protect you." A deep voice said from my side but this voice is very familiar, it's the voice I wanted to hear.

"Arnav, nobody helped me,"
I sobbed.

"Calm down."
Arnav said whilst he patted my back trying to relax me.

"The water Arnav, I don't want to drown."
I said, finally letting the tears out.

Seeing this, Arnav pulled me in a hug and kept on patting by back.

"You won't drown Manu,am here."

Am glad he's here, I feel safe again. Everywhere suddenly became cold but warm in his hug.

"Thank you Arnav, I don't know what to do with out you, I almost drown again."
Some how, Arnav is always there when I get this nightmare and he's the only one that knows.

"It's okay Manu, go to sleep."
He started rocking me back to sleep as I soon found myself sleepy again. I felt a hand below my thighs and another at my waist and I was carried up. I head rested on his chest.

I was taken back to my bedroom in my court. There, my bruise was nursed by Arnav. My eyes were heavy again so I rested my head on my bed.

"I will never let you sleep outside your court for a single night, I promise."

Then, I was out cold.

****

I wake up in my room, I have three chandelier, two small one and a large one.

I looked around to take in the environment of room and breath in the air, this is a ritual I do every morning.... Wait what am I doing in my room?

Just then, the memory of my encounter with Queen Adhira came to my mind.

#FLASH BACK#

The room is breath taking, there are three chandelier two small ones and a large one.
Her bed is very big and beautiful well, a large master bed with violet net on top. There's a passage which can be seen through the middle of princess Manikarnika and Queen Adhira.

This two women glared at each other and anger and irritation can be clearly seen in their eyes.

"I said get out."
Queen Adhira yelled.

"You can't do this."
Manikarnika stated.

"Yes I can and am doing it."
She grabbed princess Manikarnika by the arm and held it tightly.

"Listen carefully, I want you to stay away from my son." she started, "you will not be taking any belongs in this palace because they are all mine." She continued and pointed to the passage beside them but is a good feet away, it has a violet net on top as well. "Now I want you to leave." With that being said, she dragged the princess out from the room through the fairly big door that has been opened the whole time.

She dragged her by the arm very tightly that's going to leave a bruise, all the way from her room to outside the court.

"Give me your jewelries, they are not yours."
She threw Manikarnika to the floor but this action was suspected and the princess quickly protected her head from hitting the ground with her palms.

"Do it quickly."
The Queen yelled.

By this time, female and male servants are watching as well as her Entourage.

This is a very disgracing situation for the princess. With shame, she carefully removed her earrings, bangles, necklace, nose ring etc.

"Put them on the floor."
The Queen ordered as she saw that the items were being handed to her and her order was followed. "Guards, take her away."

"No. I can walk out. I know the way."

"Then what are you waiting for, go." She pointed at the nearest exit.

She could hear whispers about her as she walked, the Queen had a smug look on her face.

But just as she was half way gone, Vihaan, the crown prince personal servant and bodyguard, came and announced,

"You can't throw princess Manikarnika out."

"And why not?"
Queen Adhira, asked as she glared at the male servant whereas princess Manikarnika had stopped in her tracks, waiting to hear the conversation. And besides, she has nowhere to go.

"Crown Prince Arnav, ordered it."

"What?"

"He gave me orders not to allow princess Manikarnika leave or be thrown out of the palace before he's back." He stated. Vihaan is a man of few words, hostile and a dangerous opponent in a sword battle. He's as well a body guard to the prince.

"I don't care, am till the Queen mother." Queen Adhira argued.

"Please forgive me your majesty, but I can't let you throw her out."

"How dare you."

Seeing the anger in Queen Adhira eyes, he bowed down his head then an idea came to mind.

"Your majesty," he started till bowing down, "you could keep her in the servants quarters and when the prince returns you both could speak. His majesty never said she couldn't be sent to the servants quarters."

A smirk became apparent in the face of the Queen but for princess Manikarnika was in total horror.

"Ok, take her to the servants quarters and she'll remain there."
With that being said, Queen Adhira left but not without giving Princess Manikarnika a quick glance.

Vihaan approached princess Manikarnika,

"Let's go."

"I will not be spending my night in the palace servant. it's degrading."

"It was all I could think of."

"No it's degrading, they will only keep laughing at me."

"Your majesty, please forgive me for my honesty but you must know my mind. Make do with what I can do for now, the prince will be back soon and stop being self-centered and appreciate what the prince is doing for you. He's done alot." He said starring into the eyes of the princess, he looked at her as if she has done something wrong.

From the princess, there was no response but she followed him to where he lead her.

The servant quarters wasn't as bad as it sounds to be but till she wished she had better.

She was lead to a room at the end of the hall in the quarter, The room was not at all royalty but it was suitable for an ordinary girl and the bed was small but clean and arranged, The room was decent enough for Manikarnika but she wished better though she never said anything as her ego was hurt.

#END OF FLASH BACK#