32

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

ARNAV POV

I rushed to the infirmary, Manu just layed down there, eyes closed and her skin was dark because of the smoke.

"What happened, Vihaan?" Vihaan already stand beside me.

"The royal kitchen was on fire and Manu was there."

How come Manu was there? She has never once stepped her foot in there before.

"How come, Vihaan?"

"I don't know Arnav, she was just there and most of the servants there are dead and that's including Queen Manikarnika." He replied knowing what I meant.

I walked to the mat she was layed in, separately from the rest, I sat down beside her. Already, there was two Cotton in her nose and she was covered from her feet to her chest with a white cloth.

The tears that gathered in my eyes fell freely.

"How come fire was in the kitchen, Vihaan!" I growled.

"We are still investigating what happened."

At that moment, a guard came in,
"Sir, there's news." He didn't acknowledge me but I have no time for supposed greetings.

"What's the news?" I asked instead.

"Sorry, your majesty, I did not see you there." He apologized.

"Just get on with the news." I can see my patience slowly leaving me.

"It seems like the fire was no accident but made."

"What?" Both Vihaan and me exclaimed but I wasn't surprised. It got to be Vikram.

"We found traces of kerosene on the floor together with burnt clothes."

"Then it was no accident."  It must be Vikram, he has pushed it too far now, no matter what Manu, today I promise you that I will avenge you and make that traitor pay.

Again, another soldier came and bowed to me.

"Your majesty, we found a witness to the diaster. He claims that he saw the man who did it."

"Who is he?" Vihaan asked but what's important to me is not that.

"Bring him in."

A man, no taller than me, bare chest came in and I immediately recognize him as Kapur.

"Kapur, what did you see?" I asked almost immediately.

"I saw a man in black start the fire with kerosene, he was very quick and quiet so one noticed him expect for me. I wanted to get some items from there for Acash, but when I ran for help, I hit my head and passed out. I don't remember anything after that."

In black?

"Did you say a man In black?" I asked.

"Yes, your majesty, please get justice for my dear Queen Manikarnika."

"Did you see if they had any flower shaped scars?" I asked, something is wrong.

"I didn't his face see properly because he was covering his nose and mouth with a black cloth." Kapur replied to me. It was at that instant that the conversation mother had with that old man flashed into my head.

____________________________________

Vote/comment/share/follow.