beach evening

Y/BF/N'S POV

I haven't left my desk all day. Answering emails, writing, etc all day. Even brought my breakfast and lunch to my desk. I guess you could call me a workaholic. Y/n tells me that it isn't healthy. But she does help out when she can.

Sometimes, when she sees I'm working hard, she'll bring me part of her snack. When she finds a funny meme or video, she shows me. Sometimes she turns on music and we dance. But sometimes I have to tell her not now. It makes me sad because I truly do want to spend so much time with her, but now that I'm working from home, my boss wants me at the desk all day from 9 to 5. Y/n understands this. She even bought me blue light glasses so that the computer screen doesn't hurt my eyes.

Right as the clock strikes 5, y/n comes to my desk and kisses me on the cheek.

"You're off work now!" I log out and save everything before closing the computer.

"Yes I am." I stand up and turn around to give her a kiss. "Do you want to order something for dinner?"

"Already did! I got Chinese from our favorite place."

"Nice."

"And I was thinking that we could take our dinner with us to the beach."

"That sounds delightful." I lean down to kiss her again. 

We go to our bedroom to change into our swimsuits and coverups, then go to our closet to grab our picnic basket and blanket to put on the sand. The doorbell rings and our food is here. We pack the food in the basket and y/n puts in a glass of tea she made earlier in the day. We load up the car and hop in. I take the wheel and y/n takes the aux cord. She plays our favorite songs. She sings them loud and proud and does little dances with them.

I park the car and unload the trunk. We set up the towel and our dinner. As we eat, we talk about our day and just enjoy each others company. When we've finished our meals, we move onto the fortune cookies. Y/n goes first.

"Success is in your future. Nice, I'll be bringing home the bacon!" She says with a giggle. I open up mine.

"Sometimes the right thing is right in front of you." I look up from the fortune to see a smiling y/n. "I think this is talking about you."

"I think it is." She says as she leans in for a kiss.

I feel a drop of water on my hand.

"You drooling all over me now are you?" I ask with a smirk, but y/n looks clueless. I start to feel more and I realize that we didn't even see the rainclouds come in. Y/n and I hop up and scoop everything into the basket, I put my fortune in my pocket to save for later. She picks up the towel and folds it up.

It starts pouring, hard. We run to the car and I know that there will be sand all over my car. But I don't mind. I'm spending time with the love of my life. We throw our picnic in the trunk and get in the car. Our hair and clothes are wet and we just sit there laughing.

"Let's go home and clean up." Y/n says.

I kiss her cheek then start the car. She plays more music and we get home safely. I pull in the garage and get the picnic basket out.

I throw away the trash from the picnic but put away our leftovers as y/n shakes out the blanket on the porch and puts it in the washer. She comes back as I'm putting the lids on the containers of leftovers.

"Wanna take a shower together?" She asks. I nod my head, put the leftovers in the fridge then follow her to our bathroom all with a smile on our face. We take off our clothes and get in the shower.

The hot water feels fantastic on our cold skin. I wash y/n's hair and she washes mine. We wash the sand off ourselves and get out of the shower all dry and clean.

As y/n takes more time to dry off her hair, I go into our closet to grab our pajamas which consist of sweatpants and my shirts. We put on our pajamas and make our way over to the couch and TV.

We search for a movie to watch and once we do, we get in a spooning position and hit play. 

I fell asleep. But I wake up to the credits rolling and y/n speaking in a nice tone telling me to wake up and go to bed with her.

We walk into our bedroom we lay in our bed together. It's so nice to know that even the fortune tellers know that y/n is the girl for me.

///kinda short but also cute///

sorry that I haven't written in a hot minute, but tiktok has given me a few ideas so stay tuned!