III | PRACTICE & PROBLEMS

"So, when your magical key appears, you insert it gently into the Storybook of Legends, then stand, shoulders back, and declare your destiny to the world!"

Apple White, Raven Queen, Elise Snow, Madeline Hatter, Hunter Huntsman, and Daring Charming are practicing their pledge for the upcoming Legacy Day.

Some are excited, some are not. Elise and Raven both stood silently, afraid of what's going to happen.

"Have I made myself clear?" Headmaster Grimm asked to the present students.

"Headmaster Grimm, but what if—" Raven's question got cut off by the headmaster himself. "No questions? Good."

Elise hug Raven by the side, indirectly telling her the she feels as nervous as her. "We're going to practice with this tiny manual of entirely reasonable school rules." The three little pigs brought out a giant book and placed it at the lectern stand.

"Who will go first?"

"I, Madelyn Hatter, pledge to follow the destiny of my dear ol' dad. The Ma-a-ad Hatter of Wonderland. When do I drink the tea?"

"NEXT!"

"I'm Hunter Huntsman, and I pledge to follow my destiny as the next huntsman. I'll swing my axe bravely and— Really Pesky? You wanna play that way?"

"NEXT!"

"I'm–I'm Cedar Wood, and I pledge to follow my destiny and be the next Pinocchio. Well, I mean, not the next Pinocchio. I mean, actually, I can only tell the truth while I'm in school. Then one day, I'm gonna lie! Uh, but does that mean that I'm gonna be like my dad or not like my dad—"

"NEXT!"

"I'm Raven Queen, and I pledge to follow my destiny as, um... I have a question?"

"What, is it?" Headmaster Grimm asked firmly, totally not in the mood for any questions. "I was just wondering, what if I don't want to take the pledge?" Her question made everyone close to the stage gasped in shock.

Her question made Elise want to ask the Headmaster the same also. "What? It's just a question."

"And here's your answer..." Headmaster Grimm started, grabbing the attention of Elise. "If you don't pledge your destiny, your story ceases to exist."

'Ceases to exist?' The answer made Elise much more nervous and built up some fear, which made the air grew cold. "But what will happen to you, then?" She then questioned, walking over to Raven and Headmaster Grimm.

"You will cease to exist. Poof." Grimm slowly responded. "Now, Raven, continue. And Miss Snow, go back to your place."

"But, Mr. Grimm..." Elise insisted which ended up with the headmaster 'poofing' his hand close to her face. "I have to go!" Raven said before running of to the inside of the school. "Raven!" Elise called out running, trying to catch up to her.

After the run fest, they both ended up at the Enchanted Forest.

"Oh, Elise. What are we suppose to do now? I don't want to follow my destiny, but I don't want to disappear also!" Raven exclaimed sitting on a log close to them. Elise sighed, taking a seat beside her.

"There has to be a way for this..." Elise thought out loud.

"I want to ask, why do you not want to sign? I mean, in your story, you ended with a happy ending." Raven questioned.

"Well, yeah, but... I want to find the truth about my and my mother's powers and the truth about my father..." Elise whispered in the end. Raven did not comment after that.

"Besides, I feel like there's more to my story that was not on my mother's or on my father's."

Having no idea on what to do, they both sat in silence. Quietly thinking about their destinies.

Legacy Day

And so, Legacy Day has come. Elise, Raven, and Maddie walked inside of the school not uttering a single word.

"Maddie, you have to help me and Elise." Raven started. "We don't feel like we can sign the Storybook of Legends but, we don't want to let everybody down, either." Maddie giggled, "And don't forget about the, 'If you don't sign, your story disappears'  Poof!"

"But we don't know if that's true."

"But what if it is?"

"But what if it's not?"

"But what if it is?"

Annoyed about the bickering, Elise groaned, "You're not helping, Maddie."

"Wait a tick! I think I know who can help." Maddie sang resulting at the other two raising a brow at her.

"You guys go ahead. Baba Yaga wants to speak with me."

"Raven!" A voice called out. The three turned around and saw Apple White running towards them. Wanting to avoid her, Raven pulled Maddie's arm and ran. Since Elise was going to the opposite direction, Apple went to her instead.

"Elise! Do you know where they're going?" Apple asked, wanting her to answer immediately. Elise just shrugged since she has no idea on who Maddie was talking about and just started walking.

Elise then started going to Baba Yaga's office with her head down. "Hey, Elise!" Dexter, who was by his locker, called her but she paid no mind to him which made him sigh.

The boy stared helplessly at the girl walking away, still finding no courage to ask her if he can be his comfort. However, even without asking, he promised to be the shoulder-to-cry-on of the female at any time she needs it.

"Baba Yaga? You wish to speak with— me..."

When Elise went inside the office, she saw that Headmaster Grimm was with her also.

"Um, not to be rude but, what's Headmaster Grimm doing here?" She asked, closing the door behind her.

"It's about you, Ms. Snow." Baba Yaga said, motioning her to sit.

"What about me?" She asked taking a sit.

"You, along with Ms. White and Ms. Queen are the one's with the most important stories. It is important for the three of you to pledge your destinies." Headmaster Grimm told her.

"To be completely honest, Mr. Grimm. I would love to be a queen, except for the part where I'll have to freeze a whole kingdom and also my cousin. But, I want to take a different turn also. I want to find the truth about my powers and also my father. Can't you just accept that?" She explained, her tone dropping down at the mention of her father.

"Ms. Snow, there's more to your powers that you do not know, and also your father." Baba Yaga said.

"Hexcuse me?"