A Connection,

As you can read on the title, this one's about movies. At 9th grade, we had a movie screening at a mall. It wasn't compulsory but I wanted to watch it. It was Goyo: The Boy General, which is basically the story of Gregorio de Pilar's bravery to fight for our country while trying to keep up with all his female interests.

As far as I can remember, the whole junior high school were schedules at the same day with different time schedules. For us, grade 9 students, we have to be inside our assigned cinemas before 10 A.M.

I was in the same Cinema with Marco. He was seated with his squad per usual... and sadly, with his girl, Sophia. They started to officially after the first quarter of 9th grade, and we started to not be in each other's way since then.

I will not anymore mention how I rooted for him to be included in our honor roll but just to be real, I always thought that his dating life ruins him.

Regardless, I focused on the movie. The movie is actually really good even if I hate history. I just really think that history doesn't really matter anymore since it already happened. We can't change or control it anymore. But probably, since the main character who played Goyo was Paulo Avelino, who's one of my celebrity crushes, I loved it.

 But probably, since the main character who played Goyo was Paulo Avelino, who's one of my celebrity crushes, I loved it

Anyway, after the screening, I went to look for something random to buy. Since the mall we watched on has a bigger and better mall beside it, I strolled for almost an hour. Before going to the bookstore, I spent a little time at the arcade with Bernadette until her Mom fetched her. As I was scanning through some children's storybooks, I noticed a familiar face. It was Eli, one of my friends, I guess. He was looking at some books too.

"Hi!" I approached while holding my book. He looked at me, bluntly, and then at the one I'm holding.

"Tunkgol saan yan?" (What's that about?) I handed it to him.

He just nodded and returned the book. Eventually, he went out of the bookstore. I also decided to go home after that.

The way home wasn't so fun. I hate taking the public transportation. It's too hectic for me.

I haven't got over the movie yet and so I tried to message Paulo Avelino to congratulate him for his performance. I got a response from the account I message, which turned out to be a fake one, I realized a little bit too late.

Because I was too happy, I told Marco about it. Evwn if we're litwrally strangers inside the classroom, I still communicate with him online. That's kinda the only way I can interact with him without angering Sophia.

Lou: Marcooo! Nagchat ako may Paulo Avelino tapos nagreply sya OMG. (Marcooo! I sent a message to Paulo Avelino and he replied OMG.)

Lou: Sent a photo.

Marco: 😂😂❤ Grabe yung love story nila ni Remedios sayangggg. (😂😂❤ His love story with Remedios was intense, it's a waste.)

Marco: don't judge meee

Lou: HAHAHAHA I agree.

Marco: Inaabangan kong umuwi yun eh
(I was e pecting that he's still gonna return.)

Lou: That was unexpectedly coming from you HAHAHAH

Marco: Di ako masyadong nag-oopen up sa mga love story sa mga movie 😅 (I don't usually open up about love stories in a movie 😅)

Lou: I'm honored that you did

Marco: We're talking about it already eh, might as well mention :>

That was the conversation. It was definitely one of our conversations involving personal opinions and somehow, it felt good. We don't have any contradicting ideas and that makes it more fun beside the fact thay I'm talking to him.

--

This next one just happened during the last school year, 10th grade. I think it's during a weekend or probably during the holidays. When I backread, it says that it was October 11th. We don't have classes and he suddenly messaged me.

Marco: Lou alam mo yung movie na flipped? (Lou, do you know the movie flipped?)

Lou: I'll look it up.

Lou: lol i already have it in my drive

Marco: i was looking for something to watch the I remembered that one hehe

Lou: Manghihingi ka ng kopya? (Are you asking for a copy?)

Marco: Is it okaaay? :'<

Lou: Oo naman, pero medyo matagal. (Of course, but it might take long.)

Marco: I can wait.

Lou: I'll just upload it in my drive and then send you a link sharing.

Marco: Okaaay. Thank youuu! :<

A few hours later, I messaged him.

Lou: how was it?

Marco: it gave me chills. actually loved it.

Lou: it made me sad...

Marco: why thoughhh

I left it at seen. I didn't really wanna tell him I wanted the same. I can't tell him that I want my own Bryce Loski, when he's literally just a few feet away from my house. I can't just tell him things.

And yes, during all those times, I'm very much happy that he took the time to even share what's in his mind. I just hope it continued... but it didn't. At some part of the way, he's constantly pushing me out.