First day

My alarm started beeping startling me awake, "shut that bloody thing off!" My 21 year old flat mate Carolyn screeched, I turned the alarm off and got dressed in a grey sweater, dark blue jeans, and my black doc martins. I pulled my hair into a ponytail, so it was out of my way, and went off to make tea. By this time it was 7:30 as a sat down to drink my tea, "morning!" Carolyn chirped, her bad mood had seemed to go away, "sleep well?" I ask "just fine" she replied plainly, guess she's not up for conversation. I went back to my room to grab my bag and brush my teeth, and headed out the door. Time was now 7:50, perfect timing I only had to wait five minutes for the tube, to be exact. Time now 8:10, as I walked through the doors of Scotland Yard, I headed to the elevator but was stopped short by a woman in a pantsuit "are you looking for your parents dear?" God I hated it when people mistook me for a child, "no actually I work here." I said as if it wasn't a big deal for a fifteen year old to be working as a detective for Scotland Yard. She just shook her head. Whatever. I knocked on the door labeled "G.Lestrade " a man who looked about fifty answered the door "Ms.summers, I've heard so much about." He said kindly, and stuck out his hand, and I shook it. "I'll show you to your office." I followed him down a corridor to a office that looked similar to his own, just much smaller, he handed me a file case"thank you." I said trying to be polite, even though I was still pissed off about that woman thinking a was a child. "If you need anything just come over to my office." I sat down at the desk and pulled out my laptop, and got to work. There was a knock on my door "come in" I answered not looking up from my screen "there's a crime scene." I now looked up. It was Lestrade "homicide?" He nodded, I got up now interested. I followed him to his car and sat in the front. We stopped at a flat that looked only to be about three years old, I stepped under the police tape "um excuse me lady but your not allowed on the premises." A man in uniform said, great the second one today. "She works here." Lestrade said from behind me. I walked up the steps to the second floor, and up to the scene. A woman about twenty laid on the floor, no blood or wounds to be scene, her nails where bitten. Anxiety? "I need to see her medicine cabinet." I said, Xanax, just what I thought, "the most plausible explanation would be, she was poisoned." I stated. I turn to leave the crime scene but smacked into a tall man on my way out "now Lestrade I don't think you should be bringing your daughter to crime scenes." The tall man said "actually Ms.Summers is the new detective, Sherlock." The man raised his brow in confusion, "I see." He murmured slightly "anyway Sherlock, Ms.Summers has already solved this one." Lestrade stated "actually only part of it." I interrupted quietly. Lestrade looked confused, "well I have to examine these pills to see if they are indeed Poison." I said a bit ashamed. "And if they are we have to search for the pharmacist who gave her the pills." I said, the tall man look somewhat impressed. "Well I'll be on my way." I pushed past them, as a rounded the corner i neared them speaking quietly "how old is she?" The tall mans deep voice asked sternly "fifteen." Lestrade said timidly. "Well she was right." The tall man replied a little bit crest fallen. I bumped into a shorter man on my way out of the building "sorry, do you know where Sherlock went?" The short blonde asked "is he quite tall with curly dark hair?" I asked, the man nodded "upstairs" I said plainly. Now it's time to examine these pills.

Thank you so much for reading the first chapter!!! I hope you guys enjoyed, comments and votes ect, are always welcome!!