Chapter 35

Maddison's POV

I didn't know what to think.

"Are you sure it was the right place??" They nodded their heads.

"Then... Where is he?? Could... Could the vampires have taken him??" I felt Fia stir at the mention of those disgusting leeches.

"We don't know Maddy. Perhaps they did." I pushed away my food, I didn't have an appetite to start with anyway.

"We have to find his body." Dad looked at me with his calculating eyes, and by the looks of it I was not going to like what he was about to say.

"Baby. I'm sorry but, we can't afford that right now. We've lost so much during the attack and we have to rebuild and prepare." I felt Louren's hand on mine giving it a comforting squeeze.

"Daddy please. I wan't to find him please. I-I... I have to Daddy please." Mom pulled me towards her as dad gave me a sad expression.

"I'm sorry but, that's a risk I'm not willing to take." He then got up and headed out of the packhouse, Beta Grey following behind him.

I hugged my mom, seeking the comfort that only she can give me but what I wanted more was to feel the warmth of my mate holding me. To feel the sparks that only he can give.

"I have to go. Gotta help with the patrols today." After saying goodbye, Sebastian left leaving me, my mom, Louren and Mason.

"How about we go to the living room and watch a movie with Mason." I didn't want to watch a movie but after they kept trying to agree I gave in.

Mom headed out to help with the pack leaving us three in the living room. Louren was currently picking the movie when I felt Mason's hand on my shoulder.

Looking at him, he gave me a smile which I gave in return. "It's going to be alright sis." He stroked my head and I leaned on him as Louren put on the movie she picked.

All day we watched movies, trying to keep our minds off of what happened last night but for me it proved useless.

The scene of the last time I saw Jayden kept playing in my mind over and over again.

Both Mason and Loury kept trying to help me by starting up a conversation about the movie which we would be currently watching but I would just either nod or shake my head no.

Every now and then I would feel Fia whimpering, calling out for her mate.

"Fia."

"I want mate. I want mate Maddy. It hurts, it hurts so much." She whimpered.

"I know it does Fia and me too. I want our mate to be here with us but... H-he's... H-he's gone." Her whimpers seamed to get louder and I could help but bury my face at the pillow that I had to keep Loury and Mason from seeing me cry.

"Maddy." I felt strong arms hug me and another hand stroking my head as I cried for my mate.

"It's going to be okay." I heard my brother say but I could not help but think that he's wrong. No, it's never going to be alright. It's never gonna be alright cause he's not here.

He's gone.

Timothy's POV (Maddy's Dad)

I was sitting in my office, trying to think of a way to help with the pack's situation.

All day I've helped with the rebuilding, gathering of the dead and ordering supplies needed for our wounded.

The worst thing today was seeing the dead pack members. Wolves are social animals and my wolf whimpered seeing the bodies of the wolves we swore to protect.