Chapter 98

Maddison's POV

Another sleepless night...

The second that I close my eyes to sleep, I pictured Marcus entering my room without my knowing and...

I shook that thought out of my head as a piercing headache came.

I haven't seen Steven since last night and I was wondering where he was cause right now I didn't even feel the slightest safe in my room.

"Maddy??" I was surprised to hear my wolf's voice.

"Fia, I'm so happy to hear from you. How are you feeling??" I felt her stirring in my mind.

"Still a bit weak but better than before. Maddy... I'm so sorry I couldn't..."

"You have nothing to be sorry about Fia." I didn't let her finish. "Marcus is a monster and that's that."

"I'm your wolf Maddy. I should have tried harder to .."

"Fia. Please don't blame yourself. Please don't. You are not to blame." She stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"We'll get stronger." I hear hee say. "We'll push ourselves to get stronger." I smiled.

"We will."

The doors suddenly opened and my body froze before turning to look at who entered.

Relief settled in me when I saw Steven standing there.

"Madds. Are you alright?? I'm so sorry I wasn't able to come check on you last..." He didn't finish his sentence as he started smelling the air.

I knew what he was smelling. The foul stench of that bastard still clung in the air almost making me want to gag.

"Maddison." Steven called me. "Did.. Did that bastard do anything??"

I shook my head. "No."

"Are you sure??" He looked at me trying to find any evidence that Marcus had done something wrong to me again.

"He didn't do anything but pin me to the wall. But... H-He promised that he'll be b-back." I looked away from him as I remembered Marcus's words and I saw Steven clench his hands into fist before he shook his head.

"No. No he's not going to do anything to you." I turned back to him with a confused look.

"What are you.." he held up his hand to stop me before looking at my door to probably see if it was indeed closed.

He then walked closer to me, whispering...

"I found a way out for you." My eyes widened at what he said.

"W-What??" I couldn't believe it. I... I had the chance of getting out of this place after all.

"How??" I found myself asking.

"There's a secret tunnel from here in the castle to outside, deep in the forest." He explained and I couldn't stop myself from going to hug him. He was surprised at first but then hugged me back.

"Thank you..." I whispered. "Thank you so much."

"You can thank me when we're out Madds." I let go of him. "The tunnel can only be entered through a secret opening."

"And where's this opening??" I see him sigh out seemingly not wanting to answer my question.

"Steve??"

"It's in Marcus's throne room. You pull the torch on the wall nearest to his throne and a passage will open." My hope started to fade when I heard him.