Widower

Romeo was at his wife's Kia's funeral. He watched the casket go down which was very hard for him. He stood in silence before Ricardo walked up to him. "Hey man, I'm sorry for your loss" Romeo remained silent. "I know this is probably bad timing but, I need your help. My daughter Selena has been receiving so many death threats. I'm scared for her life. And I heard you're one of the best police officers..." Ricardo told him. "No thanks.. I'll pass. I already know you're gonna ask me to be her bodyguard" Romeo mumbled. "Yeah. I need you. My daughter needs real protection" he told Romeo. "I'm good. Find someone else" he suggested. "Don't you think I would have already? No one wants to protect her, they only want the money" Ricardo explained. "If I would've been home, my wife would still be here. I'm done trying to save someone else's life when I could've saved my own wife's life" his voice cracked. "Look man, I'm sorry for your loss. I could only imagine... It must be really hard for you right now. But my daughter means the world to me and I don't want anything bad to happen to her. What do I have to pay you?" Romeo glared over at him. "You don't have to pay me nothing. I'm not doing it" he said sternly. "My daughter will be singing tonight at the Max. Just show up and think about it. Please.. I'm begging you. I don't wanna lose my daughter. But all the bodyguards she have had, they're not there for her safety. They are there for the money" he told Romeo. "And what makes you think I won't be there for the money?" Ricardo shrugged " I honestly don't know. But I have faith in you. I'll do whatever it takes to keep my daughter safe."

Romeo showed up at the Max that night. It was a full house. A band was playing before Selena got on stage. "Give it up for Selena Gomez!" Selena got on stage with her 2 back up dancers and began to perform. "Jazz it up, jazz it up
Happy as can be, falling into you, falling into me
How do you do, calling me the queen, baking cream
Blow your dreams, blow your dreams, blow your dreams away with me
So yummy
Tell 'em that is my birthday
When I party like that
Every night's my birthday
They don't know, so it's okay
Tell em that is my birthday
When I party like that" Ricardo spotted Romeo and walked up to him " Romeo Miller, my man. I knew you would come" Romeo sipped his drink. "I'm here. But I'm not impressed" Romeo was old school. To see Selena be raunchy on stage turned him off. He did not feel like protecting someone like her. "How could you allow your daughter to be dancing like that on stage and dressed like that?" Ricardo chuckled "It's all an act. Selena isn't really like this. Besides, she's a grown woman. I can't control her. She does what she does. Not saying that I approve everything that she does but she is 28" he shrugged. Romeo looked back at the stage. "Feeling fine and free
Crashing into you, crashing into me (so yummy)
It's all I wanna do, come and dance with me, pretty please
Blow your dreams, blow your dreams, blow your dreams away with me
Tell 'em that it's my birthday
When I party like that
Every night's my birthday
They don't know, so it's okay
Tell 'em that it's my birthday
When I party like that
Tell 'em that it's my birthday
When I party like that
Every night's my birthday
They don't know, so it's okay
Tell 'em that it's my birthday
When I party like that
Blow your dreams, blow your dreams, blow your dreams away with me
(Party on, baby)
Tell 'em that it's my birthday
When I party like that
Every night's my birthday
They don't know, so it's okay
Tell 'em that it's my birthday
When I party like that" Selena finished singing "Birthday" one of her hit songs. "Just give her a chance, please?" Selena started to sing a love ballad. "Wake up to your dreams
And watch them come true
I'll make you whisper my name
And never leave the room
Night and day
I'll be your muse
No other girl can make you feel the way I do
I can make the stars dance
Light up the moon
I can make the stars dance
If you want me to
The sky is everywhere
So meet me under there
I can make the stars dance
Dance, dance for you, you, you" Selena spotted Romeo standing next to her dad. There was something about Romeo that made her not able to turn away. He felt the energy which made him say "I'll do it."

After the concert she went backstage to change. While she was heading to the dressing room she stumbled in her heels when she saw her dad talking to a nice looking man, the same man he was standing next to while she performed. "Girl you alright?" One of her back up dancers asked. Selena ignored her comment as she walked up to them trying to ignore Romeo. "Sel, I want you to meet someone. This is a Romeo Miller. One of the best bodyguards out there—" Selena rolled her eyes before saying "God.. dad not again. Obviously, Bodyguard number 10? didn't work for a reason just like the rest of them. I don't need some man.." she made air quotes "..watching my every move. I can handle myself" she said. "Really?" Ricardo pulled out a piece of paper showing her the death threat. She took a deep breath out of fear. "Let me see that" Romeo said before Ricardo handed him the paper. "I can't wait to get my hands around your throat and choke you to death you ignorant bitch" he said out loud. Romeo looked up at Selena seeing the fear in her eyes. " I don't know what your other bodyguards did. But I'm not them. I get the job done. But I'm not gonna tolerate any bullshit from anybody including you. I don't care how big of a star you are or will be. If I tell you something, you have to do it. I'm here to protect you. Not babysit you" Selena gripped his jacket before leaning towards his ear "yes daddy" she said sarcastically before pulling back. "I'm serious" he told her with a stern look. "I see that" she rolled her eyes. "Well.. at least he's fine and young this time" she told her dad before walking to her dressing room with Ricardo chuckling. " you'll get used to her."

The next morning Selena was seated in front of the pool beside her best friend Francia. "So this new bodyguard... Is he hot?" Selena giggled. "What? I had to ask. I need to know if the person that is protecting my best friend is hot. Who knows it could be another Whitney Houston and Kevin Costner from The Bodyguard" Selena rolled her eyes. "You know, you watch too many damn movies Francia" she continued to giggle. "You know, you still haven't answered my question. Is he hot?" Selena tilted her sunglasses before looking at her best friend "He's alright..." she mumbled before looking away. Francia smirked at her "You're a terrible liar. He is hot isn't he?" Selena blushed before shrugging "Like I said, he's alright" she said before smiling. "Selena?!" Her mother called out from the mansion. "Ugh, what does she want?" Selena stood up and walked into the mansion with Francia following. She saw both of her parents standing between Romeo.

Selena's POV

Lord... there's something about a man in a tux. I had no idea my next bodyguard would be younger. I always have older ones, like 50+ years old. I must admit, this man is fine. Now this is what you call a real man. I didn't think they made em' like this anymore. I'm definitely gonna have fun when this one.

"Would you like to show Mr. Miller where he'll be staying at?" Selena's mother asked her. "Why do I gotta do it?" Mandy gave her a look before she sighed. "Fine, come on..." Selena trailed off.

* TO BE CONTINUED * {I hope you guys love it 💜}