Execution

"Avion! Avion, where are you?!"
Avion's companion ran through the cave he and the sendaris used as base. He went to the trapdoor, climbing up it. He got to the top to see Avion looking into the distant nether.
He turned to see his human friend running towards him, fear written across his face. He sighed, slightly annoyed. "What is it, Jayden? Quit running around like an ocelot and tell me what's wrong?" He turned to face the human, arms crossed.
Jayden took a second to take a breather, but didn't get any less panicked.
"C-Corrupt is... on his-" he started, but Avion raised a hand, signaling for him to stop.
"Corrupt is on his way. He was sent by that mystic to execute me. I know," Avion spoke calmly, turning to face the lava again. Jayden nodded in approval. "That ardoni we brought back must be causing her a lot of trouble if she wants you dead."
"No, that's not why."
"Ehh?"
"That's not why she wants me dead."
"What else did you do?" Jayden asked, confusion in his voice.
Avion was silent for a moment, then slowly revealed the answer.
"I... killed her brother fifty years ago."
Jayden was stunned. "Wh-what... why?"
Avion sighed, then revealed some information.
"Long before the great war, even before Master Aegus existed, there was a species that consisted of dark winged creatures known as mystics. They had, abilities of sorts, abilities as powerful as all s-" he paused for a moment. Jayden raised an eyebrow.
"Abilities as powerful as all four prime songs," he continued. "They used to use their magic to help people, defend against undead and assist to weak. Then they learned... just how powerful they were.." Avion looked away.
"They began to take over some of the major parts of Ardonia: Crown Peak. Felora, Ataraxia, Conchord.." He took a deep breath. "I don't know much, but there was another species they wiped out, I don't know if it was ardoni, another magical creature, or some humanoid, but it went extinct."
His face saddened slightly.
"Shortly after, the ardoni clans attacked the mystics, killing most of them. Now I know two survived."
"The mystic in Helltorch and her brother," Jayden said. Avion nodded.
"They were hiding out on that mountain in K'arthen that they decided to call Mt. Igneous. I found her brother there and killed him. They were planning something, now she's planning something worse," he stated. "After she kills me."
"But Avion!"
Suddenly, there was a loud explosion from the entrance to their cave. "Avion, he's here," Jayden whispered, pulling out his stone sword.
"Jayden put your sword away, this isn't your fight." Jayden turned to the sendaris surprised. "Don't tell me you actually plan to fight that thing!"
Avion laughed slightly.
"I don't, I plan to let him do what he came to do," he said.
"You're going to get yourself killed!" Jayden yelled again, not putting away his sword.
"Perhaps that is for the best." He drawed out his staff, admiring its curved surface and disability to kill with for a moment, then he walked over to the human, handing him the staff. "Give this to Aviara Sendaris. She lives in Sendaria, northern Ardonia. Take Midnight. She's outside of the portal."
Jayden didn't say anything. He just slowly nodded and turned towards the portal next to the beacon.
He put the staff on his back and took one last look at the sendaris.
Avion only nodded.
Jayden turned back to the portal and walked into it. Once he was gone, Avion pulled out a button and deactivated the portal.
Avion continued to look at the empty portal for a bit longer after Jayden vanished into it, then he began to hear a rumbling behind him. He turned to see the trapdoor shaking.
He walked over to it and bent down to lift it, already knowing what it was.
The second he cracked it open, he was forcefully grabbed by the neck by something as it flew upwards, the cave below the trapdoor exploding in fire and rock.
The figure eventually stopped rising and hovered over the endless lake of lava, his grip on the sendaris's neck firm.
"Corrupt," Avion choked. "I had a feeling Kai would send you to do her dirty work for her."
His grip on the ardoni loosened slightly, the lava bubbling below.
He remained silent as the two hovered above certain death.
Even though the half-dead couldn't talk, Avion heard a dark voice echo through his mind.
"Who is it?"
Avion kept his mouth shut.
The voice sounded again, only louder. "Who is it?!"
The half-dead's eyes glowing more immensely than before, his grip on the sendaris tightening. "I know who you really are, and they will too." Avion choked and his strength faded as his hand fell aside.
"Kill me. I'm saying nothing," the sendaris choked again. Corrupt grinned.
He finally threw the ardoni into the air, watching as he fell for a few seconds, then plunged into the lava with a loud hiss.
The wither man turned away, satisfied that his work was done.
. . .
Jayden stepped out of the misty purple energy of the nether portal and realized he was in a wide cave, a dragon sleeping by the entrance, the sun's light shining into the open space. He looked back at the portal to see the purple mist fading into nothing.
Suddenly, he heard a low growl behind him. He turned to see the dragon had woken up, likely sensing his presence, and slowly walked towards the human.
Avion had raised the dragon since it was an egg, but it had never seen Jayden.
It didn't threaten him, since he had Avion's scent on him still.
Jayden stood still, trying to remember what the sendaris had told him.
It was... Midnight, right? Yeah it was Midnight.
He looked up at the dragon and slowly began to approach her. "Hey, Midnight.. I won't hurt you," he spoke softly. The dragon stopped growling, confused that the stranger knew her name.
Jayden continued to walk towards the dragon, which had stopped moving. He reached out his hand, making her growl slightly again. Jayden backed up again, unsure what to do.
Then he got an idea.
He reached behind him and pulled out Avion's iron staff.
Midnight stopped growling immediately, recognizing the weapon.
The staff in one hand, Jayden reached out towards the dragon again, this time, she didn't show any sign of threat.
He placed his hand on the side of the dragon's head, making her purr slightly. Jayden breathed a sigh of relief. "There we go, good girl." He took his hand off the dragon and put away Avion's staff.
"Avion instructed me to go to Sendaria, can you help me?" Jayden thought he was stupid for a moment, talking to a dragon, but she somehow seemed to understand him, and turned slightly to her left.
Jayden then saw the dragon had a black saddle equipped, realizing what she wanted him to do.
"Uh.. I'm not a big fan of hei-" before Jayden could finish, Midnight picked him up and dropped him on her back, immediately turning around and flying out of the cave, Jayden screaming the whole time.