You and I

"Laxus." he sighs through his lips--saying every letter of his name like they were pieces of silver. 

Freed opens up his eyes into the darkness and furrows his eyebrows. Just when we're getting to the good part. He groans under his breath out of frustration, when he felt a little stirring next to him. A strong arm goes over him and hung around his belly, a deep sigh of what sounded like calmness hit his nape. 

Up to this day, he still can't believe he has this man. Laxus. The Laxus DreyarLeader of Magnolia's Thunder Legion. If somebody were to ask him, his husband is the strongest. Gildarts and Natsu--even Gray are nothing compared to this man who has shyly asked him to marry him after their battle with Zeref. 

"It's obvious you want me, Freed." he has told him, forgetting he was heavily wounded. "I want you, too. Why should we make it complicated?" 

A mild cramp washes across Freed's stomach and he rubs it. I know, little one. Your daddy's really such a sweetheart beyond all that gruffness. His thoughts were answered by a kick that was probably a little bit too strong. Easy, easy. We don't want to wake him up again, now. He's tired. 

Another stirring was felt--but this time from behind him. The other pair of that arm hanging on him slides under his head, making him turn--slower than how he would like to do--the other way. His husband still worries about him even in his sleep. It's bad enough that he wouldn't let Freed lift a finger during the day, but him worrying even when he's asleep is downright unfair. 

Freed puts his hand on Laxus' broad chest and moves his head as close as his now waiting belly would allow him. Sighing happily, a small smile curls on his lips as Laxus nuzzles his head tenderly and then rests on top of his. 

----------

Whoah. Did he just wet the bed?

This is just plain embarrassing. Freed quickly moves his hand, but before he could do it, a wave of tightness filled his belly and then washed on his back. His hands balled instead into tight fists, tugging at the ends of his pillow. 

What is happening? 

Before he can even collect his thoughts, another wave--this one a little bit stronger than earlier--washed over him, making him groan softly. 

"Freed." he hears Laxus in the darkness. Is that worry in his voice? He wanted to turn over to tell him everything was alright, but a moan escaped first as a sharp nudge seemed to have hit his belly from below. 

"Freed, honey," says Laxus again, sounding more urgent this time. "I think your water just broke." 

Opening his eyes, he meets his worried husband's. "I think you're in labour, my love." smiles Laxus, but he can see his eyes are betraying him. Worried. Always worried. "Do you want to sit up, or stay like that? I'll get everything ready."

Freed gingerly pushes himself up, but Laxus was quick to assist him. Putting pillows behind him, his husband wills him to rest back and plants a soft kiss on his lips; but Freed throws his hands around his neck, pulling him closer. A soft moan escaped Laxus as he did this, and just as instantly, he felt his husband's fingers at the back of his head, pushing him closer; kissing him deeper. 

The child in him responded to probably the sudden surge of happy hormones and seemed to have done a backflip for joy. This made Freed gasp suddenly, cutting the link between their lips. 

"Looks like, somebody doesn't want to be upstaged." Freed laughs softly while he rubs his belly. "We are just happy we'll be seeing you soon, little one." The hands that were once caressing him earlier are now on top of his. Laxus kisses his belly and smiles as he meets his eyes.