The First Day Of The Rest Of Our Lives Pt.3

After orientation students went to lunch in the cafeteria. The atmosphere was nice and students seemed to enjoy themselves while they ate. Everyone seemed to be having a good time except Micheal who just stared at his food, him being upset would be putting it lightly.

It wasn't fair that he was the only member of the Jackson 5 to be sent here while his brothers stay at their schools but Joseph told him that he was the most marketable of the group and that it would help him promote his second solo album though he didn't want to anymore at this point. Just thinking about the mess that happened during the making of "Music & Me" and being sent here made Micheal even more annoyed.

"Do they have to stare?" Janet whispered to Latoya.

"They always stare," Latoya said back to Janet.

"Yea but do they have to stare all the time? I feel uncomfortable eating with them staring at me"

"They aren't staring at you just Mike"

Janet tried to ignore the table of girls who've been staring at them since lunch started but it was hard. Everywhere she looked someone was staring and it creeped her out even if they were only looking at Micheal.

"Hey Mike you got some admirers," Janet said trying to get Micheal's attention.

Micheal didn't respond.

"Mike? Micheal" Latoya said now worried.

With a sigh, Micheal looked up from his tray and saw his sisters Latoya and Janet staring at him. Micheal was glad that Joseph at least let Latoya and Janet attend Sunset Valley with him instead of Micheal going alone. They must've known something was wrong because both of them shared a concerned look on their face.

"Is something wrong Mike? You've been looking down all day" Latoya asked.

Micheal smiled sheepishly. "No nothing's wrong sis"

"Do you really expect us to believe that?" Latoya laughed.

Janet who was sitting next to her agreed. "She's right Mike we know when your upset, you don't have to hide how you feel like at home"

"No I'm really fine I just have a lot on my mind right now"

"Something we can help with?" Janet asked curiously.

"No Jan, seriously I'm alright" Micheal smiled.

"Are you sure because you never keep anything from us?" Latoya said.

"Well.." Micheal thought carefully. "I guess I'm still having a problem being sent here by Joseph"

"Oh, that makes sen-"

"That's why you've been moping all day!" Latoya scoffed cutting off Janet. "Micheal, you're at the best performing art schools in the country do you even know how lucky you are?"

"Yes Toya I'm aware of my blessings and I'm very grateful for them but"

"So why are you upset that you got to go here? Any kid would be happy to go here"

"Latoya It wasn't my choice to go here " Micheal Sighed. "Joseph said that I was the most marketable member of Jackson 5 to be here so he sent me I'm just not too happy about the decision"

"I don't understand how you of all people could ever be unhappy"

"Latoya You don't"

"Mike everyone loves no adores you!" Latoya says with a now annoyed tone. "You're in one of the most successful groups of your generation, you get praised from left to right, and now you're going to the best school in the country. You have nothing to be upset about!"