Chapter 12

I walked down the half empty hallway to the cafeteria, I opened the door and went in, as usual I drew the attention of some students. I kept my head down until I got to the lunch line. " I'll have a sandwich and a bottle of water " I said to the lunch lady. I got my food and went to the far end of the cafeteria where I usually sat with niall.

I had just taking a bite out of my sandwich when something suddenly hit my table with a loud thud, I jerked and fell off my seat. The whole cafeteria burst into fits of laughter, just great. " Oh my God I'm so sorry" I looked up and saw that guy from this morning standing in front of me with a worried expression and a hand stretched out to me.

The cafeteria went silent, I just stared at his hand. My eyes wandered to where zayn sat, he was already daring me with his eyes. I looked back at luke's hand, I'm so going to regret this later. I placed my hand in his own and he helped me up, " are you okay?" He asked " yes t--thank you" I said and gave him a small smile. From the corner of my eye I saw zayn giving me a surprised look. And also glaring at luke.

" Sorry again" he said " it's fine" I said and sat back on my seat while he left with a smile. I picked my sandwich again and bit into it, at least I know there is still someone with a heart in this school. My phone vibrated on the table. A message from mom.

' hey honey...I don't know how to tell you this but I have to go for a conference in New York and your dad has some work to do there too. Please don't be mad, take care of yourself . We love you- Mom'

I bit my lip and put the phone in my bag. "I always take care of myself" I muttered to myself. My appetite suddenly left as I looked at the sandwich. I got up and headed for the exit.

They always did this. Whenever it felt like they were finally making out time for me, they crush me with the same excuse, 'their jobs'. Seems like I'll be spending my week alone until they return.

But before I start pondering over that, I need to get through this hell called school in order to get home in one piece, not that I would anyway. The bell for lunch over rang, I cringed when I realized it was time for my worst class. Gym class.

"No no no" I repeated fustratedly as I searched my gym bag for my gym clothes. " Don't tell me I forgot to take it out of the washing machine" I face palmed myself. Gigi came up beside me chuckled in mockery, " not only is he stupid but also suffering from memory loss" the girls in the room laughed " why don't you go pick up some gym clothes from the lost and found, I hear there are some gym clothes with your name on it" she said, they laughed.

I ignored them and went to a secluded part of the locker room and fished my phone out of my bag and quickly dailed niall's number. He picked up on the second ring ,"hey boy any problem? Do I need to come over and break some noses?" he said with a seriously dangerous tone. I laughed nervously cause I knew he could do it, " no none of that needed" I said.

"So what's up?" he asked in a chirpy voice. " Do you by any chance have extra gym clothes?" I asked " yeah I think I have some clean ones on the top layer" " thanks niall" I said and  went to his locker. I opened it with his combination code. " No but I have to warn you there's a problem with the--"" alright everyone let's move those asses to the field!" Coaches loud voice boomed around the room.

"Sorry niall gotta go bye" "but--" I hung up and quickly collected the gym clothes and rushed to the shower to change. I'm very self conscious.

On the field...

Ohgod, I dragged the shorts down a bit. Some guys whistled as I walked past them, I bet I was very red in the face. I silently cursed niall in my head. The shorts he borrowed me were short, they revealed my legs. I felt so exposed.