All Better • Mouth

I sighed as I parked my bike by the Deverauxs' mailbox. I rang the doorbell a couple of times but no one answered. "Mr. Deveraux!" I called "Mouth!" I continued to call their names but still, no one answered. I then heard loud music coming from inside. I peeked through the unlocked window of the house. Mouth was there, singing along to the rock song on the radio. Not singing. More like yelling out the lyrics. I pushed the window to open it and climbed in. He didn't even notice me standing right behind him. "You've got some great singing skills, Mouth!" I yelled sarcastically. Mouth screamed and nearly decapitated me with the dish he was washing "What are you doing here?" he asked completely breathless from all his "singing". I jumped onto the counter "Just wanted to stop by." I replied "Where's Brand and Mikey?" he asked "Mikey's at the doctor's  with my mom and Brand was supposed to stay with me at home but then he remembered he had a date with Andi. So he left me home alone. I figured I'd stay here until 9ish so I could teach him a lesson." I smiled "What a dumbass." Mouth said as he finished up the last dish. "Anyway-" Mouth hit the faucet of the sink and it came off "Shit." he mumbled "You need help?" I asked "Yeah. Just hold that back in place. I'm gonna get my dad's tools" he said. It took him a while to come back with the tools. He fixed the faucet a few minutes later. "Okay, let go." I let go of the bottom of the faucet and my finger started bleeding. I hissed "Do you have a band aid?" I asked Mouth. He quickly put on all the things needed to be put on my bleeding finger. "There. All better." he smiled. I hugged him "Thanks, Mouth." I whispered "You're-" we heard a squeak in the window as we pulled away from eachother. "Where the hell were you?!" Brand yelled at me "Why did you leave me at home?!" I yelled back. Brand picked me up and forced me out the door "Brand, I thought you were on a date with Andi?" Mouth asked him as Brand struggled to unlock the multiple locks on the door. "I forgot. The date's tomorrow." he said while Mouth and I laugh at him like hyenas.