Your Song • Mikey

Stef and I sat on the bleachers of the football feild waiting for Andy to finish cheer practice. "How long do you think this is gonna take?" I asked Stef, who is just as impatient as I am "No idea. Why did we even agree to come in the first place?" I looked at her "We didn't agree. We just had to make it up to Andy." I said. The other day, Stef, Andy and I went to the movies. Just us Goonie girls. I honestly appreciate them inviting me to their girls hangouts even though I'm a lot younger than they are. Andy said she wanted to watch some chick flick. In the middle of the movie, Stef and I snuck out to go to an arcade. Two hours had passed and we forgot about her at the movies. Later that night, we were confronted by a furious Andy outside a 7-11. "I'm done, you guys!" Andy yelled. "Finally." Stef murmured.

We sat in the parking lot of a nearby drugstore, eating the chips we just bought. "If you had to kiss any Goonie, who would it be?" Stef asked "Brand, of course." Andy smiled at the mention of her boyfriend's name "What about you, Y/N?" Stef asked "I don't know. I don't think any of the boys are good kissers honestly." I admitted "You know who's a good kisser?" Andy told me "Brand?" I raised an eyebrow at her "No, silly! Besides him." she slightly shoved me "Who?" I asked "Mikey." she whispered "Mikey? Mikey Walsh?" I asked with a confused look on my face. Of course I heard about the pee break story. I just didn't expect Mikey to be a "good kisser". Andy just said both Brand and Mikey are good kissers. Way to go, Walsh brothers. "Yeah-" Andy's eyes suddenly widened with excitement "I have an idea, you guys." Andy said with a wide smile plastered on her face. "Since you two left me the other day," she said through gritted teeth but then returned to her excited self "Stef, you have to climb to the top of your roof and yell out 'I love Clarke Deveraux'-" Stef cut her off "There's no way in hell I'm doing that." she shook her head "Come on, Stef. I know it sounds like some dare 12-year-olds give their friends but still. You said you'll do anything to make it up to me." Andy smiled "Fine. Fine." Stef gave in, grabbing a chip and throwing it into her mouth "And you," Andy pointed at me "You have to kiss Mikey." she grinned "No way, Andy. Mikey's like a brother. It would be like Mikey making out with Brand. I just--no." I shook my head "Y/N. Anything remember?" she reminded me. "Okay." I sighed.

Andy offered to drive me home but I refused and told her that I could just walk even though my house was far up the hill. As I kept walking, rain started to pour down. I hid my walkman under my shirt and jacket and ran to the nearest house. I just happened to be the Walshs'. I put my hood on and peeked into the window. Brand was sitting on the couch with his excersice equipment. I started tapping on the window hoping he'll hear me. He noticed and ran to open the window "Y/N. I thought you were with Andy and Stef." Brand said helping me climb inside "I told them I would just walk home." I ruffled my wet hair "Didn't you hear? There's a storm coming." he threw a towel at me. I looked out the window. The raindrops made loud sounds as they hit the roof. "Seems pretty strong." I said "Come on, Y/N. I have some pajamas I've grown out of. You could change into those." I looked at Brand for a while before running toward his direction and hugging him "Thank you, Brand." I whispered "You're like a little sister to me. Plus you're way better than that wimp I have for a brother." he hugged back "I heard that Brandon! I'm no wimp!" Mikey said running down the stairs. He froze when he saw me "Hi Y/N." he smiled "Hey Mike." I smiled back at him "Mikey get the Ninja Turtles pajamas for Y/N, would you?" Brand told him "She gets to use those? Come on, Brand. I always wanted those." he complained as he ran back up the stairs.

I came in Mikey's room after drying off and putting the pajamas on. He looked up at me from his magazine and looked me up and down "I wanted those Ninja Turtles pajamas." he mumbled and returned to reading his magazine "Brand said I'll stay here. Do you have a sleeping bag or something?" I asked him "Yeah it's that blue one under the bed." he replied. I pulled it out and set it up on the floor. "Mikey," I called "Yeah?" he put his magazine down "Could I play some music?" I asked him as politely as I can. It's one of the things I could never sleep without. Mikey was silent for a few seconds "On one condition." he said "What?" he jumped out of his bed and sat beside me on the sleeping bag "You give me the pajamas." I looked down at the green fabric with the four turtles printed all over it "But it's so comfy and soft." I said softly "Then no music." he tilted his head to one side "But if I give you the pajamas, I'll have nothing else to wear." I said "We'll switch." I looked at his oversized Transformers shirt and sweats "Deal." I held my hand out to shake his and we got up to change "You're wearing underwear, right?" I asked "Of course I am!" Mikey exclaimed. I entered Mikey's closet and Mikey stayed on his bed so we could switch clothes. After a few minutes, Mikey knocked on the closet door. I opened it and he threw his clothes in and I threw mine out "You done?" I asked him "Yes!" I heard him jump on his bed. I walked out and grabbed my walkman. I turned it on and played Your Song by Elton John. Seeing Mikey jump on the bed with the green pajamas made me realize how adorable he actually is. Then I remembered Andy's dare. The only source of light in the room was the skull lamp, making the room look dim and slightly creepy. "You know how I learned to make deals like that?" he said, sitting back down on the floor next to me "Where?" I asked, actually interested in what he was about to say "I watched The Godfather last night, since my mom and dad are on a trip and coming back on Monday. I learned how to give people offers they can't refuse." he explained. I didn't know if I should go for it or not. "Mikey" he looked at me "Yeah?" I slowly moved closer to him and tilted my head. We kissed for a good 5 seconds and pulled away. We just stared at eachother listening to the song and the rain pour outside. Mikey never looked this great before. I felt something else for him. "I love Clarke Deveraux!" we heard a faint scream through the rain. We both laughed knowing it was Stef.

At that moment I realized how wonderful life is when he's in the world.