III

That evening, Harry found himself sitting at the backseat of Hermoine's car, driving to st. Mungo's.

"do I really have to Hermoine?"

"Seeing as I already made an appointment, Yes." 

"but-"

"HARRY!"

-

"Come in." Draco said. "Ah, Potter. I think you broke your record 'not needing to go to the hospital'. It's been a long time since you've been here, isn't it? You've probably got withdrawal problems."

"Mr Black, that is not how you are supposed to act around patients." Hermoine interrupted him.

"Yes, mom." Draco answered, causing Harry to giggle, which ended in a coughing fit.

"So why are you here? I suppose it's not to see my face."

"Harry is extremely tired, has coughing fits and coughs up blood since about last week, I think"

"I thought Harry was my patient, not you."

"She's speaking the truth." Harry said, voice hoarse.

"In that case, how much did you eat since the symptoms?"

"How does that ma-"

"Not much."

"Right. Have you lost a lot of weight lately?"

"I still don't understand why you're as-"

"Yeah. 5 pounds."

"And you haven't been sporting or dieting lately?"

"No. Do I look like I'm capable of doing more than one step a minute?"

Draco snorted. "Definitely not. I think I'll have to take a scan of your brain, or what is in their place."

"Why?"

"To see if there's anything in there except for water."

-

"Potter." Malfoy said when he entered his office a week later. "Let's get straight (you sure 'bout that) immediately. You're sick."

"No shit Sherlock." Draco gave him a questioning look. "That's a muggle thing."

"You're really sick. You have cancer."

"Well, heal me then. That's your job ain't it."

"I think you don't exactly understand what I mean. Muggles have a hard time healing it. And so do we. This is not a simple illness you can heal with a drop of potion." 

"Stop joking. Just give me the potion already so I can get to work."

"I'M NOT FUCKING JOKING POTTER! I KNOW YOU'VE GOT BRAINS IN THERE SO FUCKING USE 'EM! YOU'RE SICK AND VERY LUCKY TO HAVE FRIENDS LIKE GRANGER BECAUSE WITHOUT GETTING THAT THING IN YOUR HEAD TAKEN CARE OF YOU'D BE DEAD NEXT MONTH!"

Harry stared at Draco in shock.

"Wha- I- am I going- I don't understand I-"

"Yes. I'm speaking the truth. Without care, you're gonna die next month. With care, we should be able to let you last at least one year more."

"But, but I already died."

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but you're still gonna die." Draco said. "Look, Potter, I'm sorry. I can't change that. It is like it is, and not different."

A/N

I hope you liked this part. My schoolyear will end Wednesday, so I'll try to really upload on a fixed schedule. I'm thinking of updating this book every Wednesday, updating Dear Ferret Boy on every Sunday/Saturday and the challenge on every Thursday.

X X X 

L.C.R.

word count; 502 words.