Chapter 15

Y'all I have 54 overdue tasks to do and I'm panicking...

But here's an interesting chapter anyway. 

*someone slap some priority check into me*

~Gabriel Agreste's POV~

I swear, I didn't mean this. I didn't mean to corrupt Paris, and put all the citizens in danger. I just wanted my wife back. Was that too much to ask? 

People said, she won't make it. They tried to crush my hope as well as my heart. I love Emilie with all my heart so telling me she wouldn't ever emerge from her comatose state? Well it broke me. 

I paid for the life support for 10 years and they told me I should give up. That I should... pull the plug. I overheard a nurse say that if they didn't need my signature and permission to cut her off, then they would've by now. 

"She isn't going to wake up."

"Electricity's being wasted."

"This guy needs to wake up because his wife definitely ain't."

"He's Gabriel Agreste. We could pull the plug, let him think he's still paying and keep the money to ourselves."

That's when I interrupted, had a go at the hospital and transferred her to a secret underground room in my mansion. It had butterfly prints all over; I was Papillion Faucon 10 years ago, so, of course I would have a butterfly design. I dedicated the butterfly design to the Gabriel company. I was going to change it to peacock, but it would mean starting everything over.

Anyway, all I wanted was for Emilie to wake up. She didn't! It's been 10 years, I need her back! No matter what they say, no matter how many times they try to convince me she's gone and won't wake up, I will not give up hope. Roles reversed, Emilie wouldn't give up either.

Or would she want me to move on?

I mean, Nathalie has been there for me. She's kind and caring and I think I might-

No! 

I will not betray her like that! Never. If she won't... or can't wake up by herself, I'll help ... 

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. For you, Emilie. I open my eyes and open up my safe in her portrait. There they lay, the butterfly and peacock miraculous': once used for good, alongside the main miraculous', now to be used for something entirely different.

Oh god, I'm going to have to go against my old partners.

It's to get Emilie back. Just that. I'll ... I'll akumatize people with my dark Akumas and get them to take the miraculous' of Coccinelle and Cat Black. At least I won't have to go up against them. I can't bring myself to do it.

I'm not evil, I swear! I'm just... I'm just... I'm just in need of my other half. My partner in crime. Well... partner in marriage and my partner when we fought against Devil-Fly. 

10 years ago - the night Emilie "disappeared"

"Emilie, my love, the miraculous is damaged! It's killing you slowly. You know the aftermath of using a damaged miraculous. It could put you into a comatose state, a-a an eternal slumber. You would be torn from me and... I can't lose you, Feather!"

"It's okay, Butterfly, I'll be there for you every step of the way. Maybe not in physical state, but in here." Emilie took Gabriel's hand and pressed it to his heart. "I love you, really, I do. But I need to put the city first. I must put the city first. I... I-I have to." 

Gabriel removed his love's hand and pushed it away, his face blank. 

"My love, please-" Emilie began but then was interrupted by her husband's sweet embrace.

"I know. That's why I fell in love with you. You never put yourself first. You're selfless and kind and caring and ... I will always love you. Especially if you aren't here to show it back. 

"Near, far, wherever you are..."

Emilie smiled. She loved Titanic. There was only 7 months difference between the couple so, on Emilie's 18 birthday, Gabriel took her to see Titanic in the cinema. Emilie loved it and Gabriel always knew that he could sing My Heart Will Go On to her and she would calm down.

A/N: I absolutely love Titanic, and I only watched it last May. (Recorded it on May 25th to be precise UwU) I know the full lyrics to My Heart Will Go On by heart and if you came up to me and started singing it, BAM. I'd join in ... in a heartbeat ;)

I'm sorry my SeXy knight in shiny leather has rubbed off on me.

I'm so sorry I'm killing myself right now by cringe. 

Let's just continue-

"I believe that the heart does go on~." 

"Once more, you open the door, and you're here in my heart and..."

"My heart will go on, and on~." 

Gabriel smiled at Emilie. I love that goofy grin. She thought to herself. "Your heart will go on if something happens. I promise." 

"I trust you, Emilie." 

And apart from their quick discussion on how to win during The Great Parisian Miraculous Battle of 2010, that was the last time Mr and Mrs Agreste ever spoke. 

I sigh. Emilie wanted my heart to go on, like Rose's did. She moved on, got married and had kids. What did I do? I'm still fawning over her. It's like Rose said, though, 'I will never let go.' And so I won't either.

"Nooroo!" I smile after I place my brooch under my tie and see an old friend appear.

"Master Gabriel! It's you again! I thought your team defeated Devil Fly and you won't need me anymore." the purple kwami said, confused. She never lost her smile even though she thought her time was up and she wasn't needed.

"I... uhm... wanted company?" 

"Master..." Nooroo crossed her tiny little arms in a 'You're lying, spill the tea' kinda way.

"You haven't seen me since I shut you out, since I shut everyone out... since Emilie died. A-And ... well you haven't seen how tough it is. How hard it is to cope without my other half. My love. My partner in crime. My Feather..." my lip quivered. It truly has been tough.

"I'm very sorry Master, but still, why am I here? Don't tell me-" 

"Yes." 

"No!" 

"I'm sorry Nooroo. I need her. And... well I guess I'm good guy gone bad."

"Master Gabriel, there are other ways!" Nooroo frowned. 

"It's been 10 YEARS. The nurses had no hope, everyone thought it was time. Time to pull the plug. End her." I clenched my fist. 

Nooroo put her little hand on my cheek and hugged it. "I support you then, Master." 

I sigh again and nod my head. I didn't want to have to do this, but 10 years of being patient... I'm losing it now. I must get her back. I have to!

"Nooroo, dark wings, rise!"

Gabriel is a sad boi. OwO

Anyway, I really gotta start doing some homework... by that I mean ticking off irrelevant shit. 

Peace out y'all UwU

Cinnamon, ✌🏽