26

Sabrina's pov again! Let me know what you think

Sabrina's pov

Ver, Eric and James have been extremely sweet and have stuck by my side throughout all the drama that happened. Since I returned from the hospital they have been looking after me, putting extra time and care around me to make sure I'm safe. It means a lot to me. They helped me get back and adjust to normal life, making me feel comfortable and indifferent.

My mum has been quite shaken up since the incident but Josh is holding up pretty well. It must have been a shocker for mum but she's still trying her best to help me cope up better.

I have been feeling extremely tired and weary lately. It's probably exhaustion from recent events. The fact that Nate transferred without telling me, hurt me a lot. I never expected myself to grow so fond of him. To look for him when he's not around, to miss his annoying questions, to miss his flirty nature, to want to be around him, to take amusement in his tactics. To watch him smile, to hear his laugh, to want him back here, with us, with me. It's where he belongs.

If this is what love feels like then I probably have fallen for him, fallen for his being, his existence and fallen hard. I just don't think I can admit that out aloud. I'm scared. Scared of consequences. What Claire did to me, it's something I would've never imagined. But I forgive her. Maybe she didn't do it in her right mind. Or maybe she really loved Nate a lot to even bear my existence.

These thoughts have been playing in my head from the time I woke up in that hospital bed, when I saw relief in Nate's tired eyes. When I saw him smile at me, it played my heart. I put mum and Josh through a lot too. And that's why I'm scared.

As soon as I walk into the dining hall my phone buzzes with a call. The call is from an unsaved number but the caller ID shows a 'C'. My hands tremble as I register it, the only name I know with the alphabet being Claire. Mum has gone for work and Josh to school. I stayed back home today since I wasn't feeling too good. It can be anyone who is calling me right? Doesn't have to be Claire only.

In a shaky and scared voice I speak "Hello?"
"Sabrina dear, I missed you so much." Claire's shrill voice breaks through the phone.
Before I can respond she speaks again.  "And so we meet again. This time it's different though, this time there will be no survival only death, oh don't worry darling, I know you're scared out of your wits right now. I won't harm you dear, not you this time. This time it will be Nathan." my head is hurting so bad that I think it will blast.
"You want to see him one last time? Kiss him goodbye maybe?? You are welcome anytime. Just make sure you don't call in people with you because if that happens without a second's delay the bullet will be in his head."
"No, no please no... " I mumble more to myself and the call ends.

The phone slips from my hand and I don't realise it. My knees suddenly feel week, there's a black screen that covers my eyes, my mind is blaring with thoughts and voices, my heart hammering in my chest. I feel like I'm falling and there's no end to it.

Realisation hits me like a truck, Nate's in danger. I need to save him. I need to save me. I blink twice to get a clearer vision. My limbs feel weak and numb. My clothes are soaking and that's when I realise I've been silently sobbing all this while. I decide its time  to admit to myself and everyone, to confess to the world that I have feelings for Nate.

"I need to save him" is all I say before I get moving.  I alone had to do it.

I call Ver and she picks up on the first ring.
"Ver, I miss Nate." I say stuttering. "Sabrina sweetie I'm in class right now, I'll call you in a bit yeah? But before I hang up I want to tell you that he loves and still misses you.  He spent day and night by your side at the hospital. He called everyday to ask of you. There's a lot more to tell you, but I'll do it after class okay?" and she hangs up. My heart felt happy listening to this. He cared for me. I knew what I had to do.

I love him. I know it. I need to tell him that before its too late. He needs to know now. I'm incomplete without him. The feeling is strong and mutual. If we have a chance, it's now or never.

Vote, comment and share. Thank you!