28

Oops I left y'all at a cliffhanger so here's the apology for it.

I wake up after what feels like hours together. My limbs are numb from being tied up. My mouth is dry and my throat is sore. I hear Claire's voice. I try to move but nothing helps. The ropes dig into my skin and hold me a lot tighter. It makes my skin burn and I feel severe pain. I take this time to look around.

The room I'm kept in, it's small. There's a small dim light in the corner and another spare chair opposite to me. There are no windows, just a big door which is currently flung open, giving me a glance at Claire, who is talking to someone on her phone.

I don't know why but I'm so scared of Claire right now. She could do anything to me and know one would know. I fidget in my seat trying to contain my fear and anxiety. There's a sound outside and it makes me feel like another person has arrived in here. I feel a tiny bit hopeful but that hope dies immediately when I hear the person's voice, it's Nathan.

"Where is Sabrina?" Nate's voice booms through the room. Claire maliciously laughs in response.
"Dead" she replies. Immediately a pang of an emotion that I don't really know hits me.
"Shut up and tell me right now, or I'll call the police." he demands.
"I'm sure you won't sweetheart" she says.
"Sabrina, Sabrina!" Nate yells. I know for a fact that if he doesn't know I'm still alive he may do something wrong which will end up with both of us being in danger.

I try my best to get rid of the tie ups and when I gain a little access to the tie ups on my hand I use my mouth to completely get rid of them. Once that is done I untie my mouth and shout back to Nate who is still yelling out my name.

He rushes inside the room looking for me and when our eyes meet there's a genuine worry for me that I see. Claire walks in right after him holding the gun at his head threatening him saying she will shoot both of us if he doesn't seat himself on the chair opposite me. This threat makes him do as he is told and she ties his hands up.

I watch them as she does this and all the while he leaves lingering glances at me. I fidget uncomfortably in my position and that's when I feel my phone in my back pocket. A splinter of hope lights up my heart. Claire turns her attention towards me and under her scrutinising glare I shiver.

Right at this moment her phone rings. She looks at both of us and points a finger "Don't even try, it'll just get worse." and with that she walks out. She doesn't notice my untied hands which happens to be our life saver. I help Nate untie himself and dial 911 immediately.

We give the police location access and inform them about the possession of a gun too. Once we've completely untied ourselves we move up together towards the door to try and get out of here. The only thought being to escape.

When I just make it past the chairs beside Nate, Claire walks in, gun in hand. Just the sight of the gun in her hand makes me swallow hard. "I thought I warned you both clearly not to even try, but looks like someone is eager to die" she spits out. 

She lifts the gun up and points it towards me, a shiver runs down my spine. I don't want to die just yet. Not in the hands of Claire. My mum, Josh, my friends... all of them. I need to live and survive this. A mischievous grin and the pull of the trigger followed by a loud sound of the bullet makes my heart stop.

In a fraction of a second things happen. Last time I didn't die but this time I don't think I'll be lucky enough to survive again. My eyes involuntary close and I prepare myself to close them, and this time close them forever.

Liked it? Vote, comment and share. Thank you!