Chapter 12

Sophia

It had been days since my talk with Blaze, it felt good getting some things off my chest. I was still angry with him but I could tolerate being around him much better. I didn't feel like killing him any more.

Everything we bought for Azure was delivered and it was more than I remembered. Clothes and few toys were brought to my room. He loved wearing clothes but not shoes. Blaze gave him a stuffed wolf and he loved that thing. He loved eating different things except vegetables but his favourite was chicken nuggets. He eat them all the time and Blaze made sure they never run out.

I spent most of my time in my room alone, no one bothered me and  it made me happy. Blaze made time to eat with us even though he was busy. The rogues were on everyone's mind so the pack had to be ready for anything. It meant a lot of stress for Blaze and I wondered how he was handling everything. Not that I cared or anything.

It was nearly lunch time, our food was brought to my room. We never ate with the pack. Azure was watching the door like a hawk, Blaze was running late. So we waited until Azure gave up and ate his food. Finally Blaze showed up and he seemed surprised.

"Sorry I'm late. You could have started without me."

"It's okay, I'm not that hungry." I lied and on cue my stomach grumbled.

Blaze shook his head amused and focused on Azure who was beaming at him. They were getting on very well. Blaze tried taking Azure to the mall once but when the engine came to life, he shifted into his wolf and hid in his father's lap. Blaze was so scared that he would never trust him again but I thought that brought them closer. Blaze drove him around the driveway until he was conformable in a car.

"Hey buddy, daddy has something for you."

"Dada!" Azure said. I couldn't believe my ears, tears came to my eyes. Blaze was much worse, tears were falling freely on his cheeks. His eyes held pride for our son.

"Yes buddy, dada. I love you so much."

"That was his first word," I said. I felt nothing but happiness, it meant he was developing as he was eating well.

"And it was dada, he knows I'm his dad Sophia." Blaze was hugging Azure. There was a knock and Blaze went to open the door. He had a plastic bowl in his hands as he kneeled in front of Azure.

"Look what daddy got for you." Azure's face lit up as he shouted.

"Berry!!" He took the bowl from his father and came to me so we can share. I ate just two and he started eating happily.

"Shall we eat, I hope you don't mind that it's cold," I said uncovering the food. He held both my hands and the sparks were intense. I looked at him shocked and pulled my hands out of his grasp. There was guilt in his eyes why, your guess was as good as mine.

"Thank you Sophia."

"For what?"

"For this moment."

"Sure, now let's eat."

The food was cold but good, Blaze did offer to heat it up but I couldn't wait anymore. We eat in comfortable silence. Blaze had his eyes on me all the time, it was annoying. When we were done, he said he needed to show me something. So we made our way to his apartment. I hadn't been there since our talk, Azure was given his baths by Blaze.