1

adelaine

I grab my yellow raincoat and push my arms through the sleeves, I pull my hair out from underneath the collar of the coat. I grab my combat boots that were sitting by the door and slide them onto my feet, I quickly swipe my keys off the kitchen counter and run to the door, swinging it open. I turn around and lock the door and started to jog to the lift. I began pushing the buttons to try and open the door, but it wouldn't open. I keep pressing the button but eventually gave up, since I was in such a rush. However as I was about to run to the stairs, the lift door suddenly opened, revealing a very attractive boy.

His face showed no emotion, he had brown hair which was slightly messed up, but it still looked good. He looked up and stared at me, still no emotion shown. He slowly walked by me, his eyes now looking straight ahead. I turned around and watched him walk to the apartment opposite mine. I realised that I had been staring at him, yet he still did not look back at me. I made my way into the lift and closed the door, crossing my arms over my chest to keep warm.
Who is he? No one ever comes to these apartments, except older or business people? Well i don't know if he's 'old' but he seems quite young to me.

I walk into lobby and spot the creepy guy at the desk, he is always there. Every morning, in the exact same place. Every morning when I come down to the lobby he smiles at me, occasionally he talks to me. He's called Dean, some may say he's attractive, but to me he's just the 'creepy lobby guy'.
He looked up from the book he was reading, a smile slowly crawled onto his face.
"Adeline, hello." Even his voice was creepy to me.
"Hi Dean." I smiled trying to get away as soon as I could.
"How are you today?"
"Erm, I'm alright thank you." A question soon popped into my head, and before my conscious spoke, my curiosity got the better of me. "Who's the new guy?"
Deans eyes grew wider at the question I stupidly asked.
"Um, er he's, um, he just moved in, er, opposite your apartment actually." He stuttered nervously.
"Erm, ok thanks..."

I waved goodbye to Dean, I walk out the door and made my way onto the street. I see the bus stop at the bus stop a few metres away.

Shit

I began to sprint across the street, I can see the bus driver getting impatience. I run as fast as I can, the driver turns his head and catches sight of me running, I swear I could see him rolling his eyes. Luckily I was a good enough runner to get there in no time, I hand the bus driver £1.30 and he gave me a ticket in return. I turned and made my way down the bus, sitting closer to the back.
I take this exact journey every day and I sit in the same seat. In the small part of London where I live, people are very closed off. Most are friendly but you get the occasional rude arsehole here and there.
The bus pulls up to the oh so familiar café, I smile and jump up. I step off the bus and start to make my way over to the door. I suddenly felt a drop of water land on my forehead, I look up to see that the clouds were a dark grey. I smiled slightly, rain. I pull the café door open and step inside. I was greeted by warmth and the smell of fresh coffee.
"Look who decided to show up." I turn and around to see Hunter smirking at me, his elbow leaning next to the cash register.
"Sorry, I got a little held up." I smirked back at him.
Hunter was my best friend, ever since I came here he's always had been I guess. I was exploring the very small 'town' and I saw this café, I immediately went inside. Hunter was the one who brought me my coffee, and being the gossiper he is, I got stuck with him telling me half his life story in the space of like an hour. Ever since that day, every morning I'm in the café, I might not even want a coffee. Hunter and Alaric and my best friends, oh! Alaric. I just call him Ric, it's easier. He's more like a guardian, but he's still my best friend. He's 37, he actually owns this café! He is the friendliest guy you will ever meet, except when you mess with the people he cares about. Once, a douchebag punched hunter for no reason, Ric saw and came and knocked the guy out.me and Hunter are like the kids he never had really, he hasn't got a wife. He has the occasional girlfriend, but they never last long. I hope he finds someone soon, but when he does I have to do the full check on whether she's right or not, so does hunter.

"Never mind, your late half of the time anyway." He rolled his eyes, I took my usual seat by the window in the corner and got out my journal. I look around the café, it wasn't that busy today, but then again it is never overly crowded. I see Hunter walk over with two mugs of coffee. He takes a seat opposite me and hands me a mug.
"Any interesting news today then?" I ask him whilst I doddle in a random page of my journal.
"Ric is seeing someone..." he murmured under his breathe.
"What?" I couldn't make out what he was trying to say.
"He's seeing someone, Ric, her names Jo." He says, quite clearly this time.
I rest my cheek on my hands and stirs my coffee, maybe she's 'the one', but what if she isn't.
"Is she nice?" I couldn't think of anything to ask.
"I haven't met her yet, they've been seeking each other for over two months, he only told me after you left yesterday." His head was drooping slightly, he cares for Ric as much as I do.
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ric walking towards the counter to work the cash register. Now is my chance, I excuse myself from Hunter and walk towards Ric. He wasn't paying attention when I rang the small bell on the counter. He stumbled a little but quickly regained his balance. He looked up at me, his mouth opened slightly. Before he could say anything I grabbed my chance.
"Is she nice?" He looks at me with sad eyes.
"Ade, you ask this every time. I wouldn't date someone who wasn't nice."
"What if she isn't though, what if she breaks your heart like the rest of them Ric! I can't see you like that again!" I slightly raise my voice causing Hunter to turn and look at us.
"Ade please just trust me on this one, I really like her this time." A small smile made its way onto his face. "Like, really like her."
I slump onto the counter and sigh. "Really?" I look up at him, he was still smiling.
"Yeah." His eyes grew wider, in excitement. "You need to meet her, and Hunter!"
"Um, are you sure? I don't know.." He's never properly let us meet his girlfriends.
"Yes! You can both come round for dinner! I'm sure Jo will be fine with it! Please Ade, it means a lot to me." He gave me one last smile before I gave in.
"Fine, I'll come. I'll go and tell Hunter now." Just as I was leaving he pulled me into a big hug. I hugged him back and smiled to myself. Maybe this time it will be different, seeing him happy is the best feeling in the world. He lets go and I make my way back to Hunter, who looked like he was about to explode due to curiosity. I hadn't even sat down yet and he already started to bombard me with questions.
"What did he say? What did you say? Do you know if she nice? Does he like her? Ade are you listening?!" He waved a hand over my face.
"Yes, yes ok. So he 'really, really' likes her this time he said. I swear he sounding like a teenager." Hunter chuckled but let me continue. "He said he wants us to meet her."
Hunters eyes grew wide, his mouth open wide.
"Seriously!" I nodded my head and a huge smile came onto his face. "Ade, this might be really serious!"
"I know! But what if it isn't, what if it goes wrong again Hunter! What if he goes back to how he was last time!" I wasn't looking at hunter anymore, I stared out the window. The rain had increased quite a lot.
Hunters hand fell on top of mine and gave it a squeeze. "It won't, I promise." He gave me a smile and i tried to smile back but I just couldn't.

------------------

ok so the beginning of this story is going to be long but they it will get a lot more interesting :)
alaric/ric - Matt Davis
hunter - Robert Sheehan