1. The reveal

Ladybug is Marinette.
Chat Noir is Adrien.
Marinette likes, no, loves Adrien.
Adrien loves Ladybug.

For a whole year Marinette and Adrien danced around each other. Never really understanding the full picture.
They even tried dating other people to get over what they thought was an impossible and unrequited love.
But no matter how hard they tried, their love was too strong.So, in a moment of weakness, when life seemed too much, Chat Noir revealed his true identity.

"I just can't stand it! I'm physically and mentally tired of keeping my identity a secret. And I am even more tired of keeping my feeling bottled up."said Chat as he took his ring off.

"No! It's too dangerous, I don't want to see!"shouted Ladybug while covering her eyes.

Chat Noir, now Adrien walked towards his Lady. With his hands over hers, he admitted:
"So is the sadness I'm feeling!You don't have to reveal yourself, I just want you to see me."

Still, she wouldn't bulge. "What if Hawk Moth takes control over me? What if he sees in my mind who you are? What if I accidentally say your name? What if...."

The truth was she was scared. Scared even more so than in any battle. What if they don't like each other?

"What "if"s aren't a good enough motive. And if Hawk Moth took control over you, than it might as well be game over. My actions won't matter, your knowledge won't change anything. Ladybug just won't be there to save the day, and without Ladybug, there is no Chat Noir!"said Adrien with a hint of angriness in his voice.

"Oh, you silly Kitty, there is no Ladybug without Chat Noir either, we are a team, now and forever." So that was it, her resolve slipped and with her Kitty's hands in her own, she looked into the eyes of Adrien?
"A-Adrien?"

Adrien is Chat Noir. Chat Noir is Adrien. Such a simple and obvious fact, one that she missed every day.

"Do you know me, my Lady? Have we met without our masks?"questioned Adrien with much curiosity.

"Yes, yes we have."she just couldn't believe it.

After a trillion questions bombarded her mind, one was too loud to ignore, should she reveal herself? Could she actually do it, tell Adrien she is Ladybug?

In the end, she decided to tell him. And it wasn't due to any selfish reason, such as the love he used to bear for Ladybug, it was purely out of the love she feels for him, with and without the mask.

"Spots off!"

There was an eerie kind of quiet. No one spoke a word as the two heroes looked deep into each other's eyes, deep into their souls.

Each were feeling emotions too strong to speak.
Adrien was overwhelmed by pure excitement and happiness, so his Bugaboo was Mari all this time. He felt like laughing at his stupidity, after all, love really makes you blind. And yes, he loves Marinette, because Ladybug is Marinette and Marinette is Ladybug. If he were to think about it, he always loved his princess too, he just taught it was in a friendly way, but now he just couldn't stop looking at her. How had he not noticed how beautiful she is?

Meanwhile, Mari was freaking out. This is it, she taught, we will never have Hugo, Louis and
Emma. He must be soooo disappointed that Ladybug isn't some rich, beautiful, not clumsy girl. Why in the world isn't he speaking? And why is he staring at her? Does she have something in my teeth, hair, eyes? Of course you do, taught Marinette.

'Ok, this is starting to creep me out' taught Mari.

"Uhm, Adrien, are you ok?"
Will they ever be ok? Did she ruin everything?

"Ok? No, I'm not ok, I'm ecstatic! Well, ecstatic and a bit embarrassed that I didn't figure out that the person I love was right in front of me, well technically right behind me all this time."he admitted.

Wait did he just say he loves her? Her as in Marinette?

"You l-love me?"asked the teenage girl.

"Well yes, I do. I love you with all my heart!"replied Adrien feeling all of a sudden embarrassed. After all, he was expressing his love to his beat friend and parter.

"But what about Kagami? Don't you love her?"questioned Mari.

Kagami? Yes, he went out with her, but only because he was confused and hurt.

"To be fair, I'm not sure I ever did. I mean yes, she is an amazing person and an even more amazing friend, but I was and never will be in love with her, not like I am in love with you."

That was it, she was buzzing with happiness. He loved her.

"Adrien, my Kitty, I love you too, I have been in love with you since the very beginning. And if we're being truthful, I think I was in love with Chat Noir too, it's just that my love for your civilian form blinded me. I tried moving on, I tried loving Luka, but I just couldn't. Being your friend was slowly killing me, but I would rather have been in pain and with you, than without you."

"Is it selfish of me to be grateful you couldn't love Luka?"he asked.

"No more selfish than me being happy to have you all to my self."replied Mari with look in her eyes.

"I love you Purrincess with all of heart."Adrien said with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, just shut up and kiss me!"demanded Marinette.

"With pleasure."

They spent that night in each other's arms, kissing, teasing, sharing the love they feel. Blissfully unaware of the storm that was brewing outside their little bubble of happiness.